Just Labradors banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Two days ago, I called Bell to downgrade my internet service as I found I wasn't using nearly as many GB as I thought I would be. I have exisiting service with them, and have for about and obviously already have a modem.

Today, a brand new modem arrives at my door. WTF? I called Bell and told them that I received this modem and didn't order one. The guy I'm talking to right now is seriously puzzled. Dude, I'm sending it back and I'm NOT going to be charged for it, or for shipping it back!

Seriously, I'm on hold while he talks to his supervisor.

It's not rocket science.

*eyeball roll*

·
Registered
23,457 Posts
Maybe you need a smaller modem since you are downgrading? (JK - but that could be the thinking of some idjit there)

·
Registered
2,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
LOL Jackie! :) I've had their "basic" service before with this modem so it's not the modem. I shoulda just kept my mouth shut and kept the new one... it's pretty. :)

·
Registered
2,811 Posts
Here, let me give you one of our spare Rogers modems. We had them drop off several, everytime they had to do any kind of service at our house, and then invent several phone lines for us after moving...I think they had like 3 lines going in our house at once. Oh and it took 6 months of calling to reverse all of the charges we accrued in the process. LOL

·
Registered
23,457 Posts
Here, let me give you one of our spare Rogers modems. We had them drop off several, everytime they had to do any kind of service at our house, and then invent several phone lines for us after moving...I think they had like 3 lines going in our house at once. Oh and it took 6 months of calling to reverse all of the charges we accrued in the process. LOL
If you have any spare routers, we'll take one! The router we have works okay for the most part, but every once in a while I have to shut it down and re-set it because it loses the internet connection. We got a big new modem when I got the Triple Play with Comcast, and the kid wired all the phone jacks in the house so now they all work. :D

·
Registered
233 Posts
My husband works for a cable company and they routinely switch out modems for newer models, especially if the customer has had their modem for more than two years. They do not charge the customer for this. Maybe it is the same for your cable company.

·
Registered
3,424 Posts
I dumped Bell Canada as quick as cable telephone service was available. I haven't been happier!

But on stupid peeps working for companies, I changed the name on my Natural Gas Bill and they sent me a check for $426.00. I waited two months before I cashed it to make sure they weren't going to realize they did something stupid...and then cashed it. That was 6 months ago, and I have no idea why I got it, nor do I care. I really thought twice about honesty etc...but in the end, I cashed that bad boy.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts