Just Labradors banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay so I've tried a few different foods with Abbey, most of them being grain-free. We (Abbey's vet and myself) are pretty sure we've narrowed her allergies down to red meat and grains. That said, I've tried a bunch of grain-free varieties and had mixed results.

She's on Taste of the Wild, Wetlands formula, which is based on roasted quail, roasted duck and smoked turkey. So far, so good, except that her breath is horrrrible. Before this she was on the TOTW Pacific Stream formula, which is based on salmon, but that gave her fishy breath and horrible gas. Before that, she was on the third variety of TOTW, High Prairie variety, which is based on roasted bison and roasted venison. She did okay on it but she was really itchy the few months she was on it.

We've also tried Evo Red meat, Wellness CORE and a couple of regular foods with grains.

*sigh* I'm not sure where to go from here. I am considering switching to raw, but that's going to have to wait until I have her tooth removed and she's all healed up from that.

I know some consider it bad to switch her food a million times, but she really needs the variety or she gets bored with her food and won't eat.

Any ideas on where to go next?

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Bad tooth = stinky breath! :)

·
Registered
11,362 Posts
See my post on Nature's Variety - they have an Instinct line which is grain free if you want to go that rout. We just started on them.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts