Just Labradors banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else try one of these? I got Guthrie one a few weeks ago. I can't give him much of anything to chew on(like rawhide or bully sticks) because of his allergies. The display information says that it is a great source of Glucosamine and it is great for cleaning teeth. And because it is a fish I figured it would be OK to try(he is on salmon based food).

Unfortunately my goofy boy does not like anything hard. I can tell he really, really likes the smell of it but it is just too hard for him...he will nibble at it with his front teeth and get little pieces of it off. Then he just bats it around with his feet hoping it will turn into a gummy sting ray tail.

Sometimes I wish Guthrie wasn't such a wimp when it comes to chewing.

·
Registered
6,118 Posts
Sounds very interesting. But are they stinky? Or is it just something the dogs notice? I'm not too sure how I feel about a fishy-smelling chewie or the resultant dog breath...

·
Registered
23,457 Posts
How hard are they? I can't give the boys pizzle sticks because they eat them immediately. If the stingray tail is harder, maybe it would last more then three minutes with these guys.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts