Just Labradors banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
....He said "Might be 2 weeks, Paul". Now we're on week 4.

I am pissed. I hope I run into him at work today. :mad:

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Which reminds me, Sue!! I am so grateful to you and to your principal about allowing a flyer for Paul, if only I can remember to grab a card so I can make one from work!!!!!!!!*!&@#@%^#*[email protected]#! He's got everything he does listed on the card and I don't know it all off the top of my head.

I'm an idiot.

·
Registered
11,445 Posts
That stinks, Amy. I'm sorry. We're in the same boat with my Dad. A bunch of the companies he interviewed with were like "yeah we'll call you next week." That was a month ago. :(

I wish people were more straight up about this kind of stuff so we all aren't waiting around twiddling our thumbs..

·
Registered
10,257 Posts
Have Paul call them. After that much time and the promise of contact, I'd be the one following up.

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Dan, he was told at noon on Friday 01/23 that he would be laid off for maybe 2 weeks, tops. Paul called him 2 weeks later on Friday 02/06 and Tom said "I told you I'd call you, Paul", kind of aggravated. He told him then that he was still waiting for word on something and that he would let him know. Do you think he should call him again???

·
Registered
11,362 Posts
Ugh. That sux Amy. On one hand I think he should call to find out...on the other hand...you don't want him to aggravate what sounds like an already stressed out Paul. Rock and a hard place.

·
Registered
10,257 Posts
Dan, he was told at noon on Friday 01/23 that he would be laid off for maybe 2 weeks, tops. Paul called him 2 weeks later on Friday 02/06 and Tom said "I told you I'd call you, Paul", kind of aggravated. He told him then that he was still waiting for word on something and that he would let him know. Do you think he should call him again???
If he sounded annoyed, then I guess not.

Does Paul have an e-mail addy for him? Maybe a short, friendly note toward the end of next week would be better (less interruptive than a call but still keeps Paul's name in front of Tom).

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I know, Melis, it's so frustrating!! I'm hoping I pass Tom in the hall and I'll say "Hey Tom, are you gonna call Paul anytime soon? It's been almost a month...".

Ya think? Or should I stay out of it?

I don't know.......

·
Registered
28,830 Posts
Don't bug him (Tom), Amy. Sounds like he's having his own problems coming up with a project for his regular guys. I wouldn't imagine he feels too great about that, ya know? I mean, it's not like he's got these jobs and is handing them out to other people and not Paul.

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
You're right, Nance. My girlfriend's husband was talking to Tom the other day and Tom told him that the other 2 ying yangs have absolutely nothing to do, but he's got to keep them working or else pay unemployment. He also told him he was waiting for word from engineering for some beam to come in. When Paul did talk to Tom a couple of weeks ago, Tom told him that once this thing comes in, they have to get things done FAST.

I guess I'll hold out hope for that, and keep praying.

No Dan, no email addy that we know of. Besides, Paul can't even turn on a computer.

·
Registered
10,257 Posts
No Dan, no email addy that we know of. Besides, Paul can't even turn on a computer.
Then I'm w/Nance. Let it rest.

Prayers from us, though, that everything works out well/quickly.

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Rest.
Pray.
Rest.
Pray.
Rest.
Pray..........

·
Registered
4,485 Posts
Rest.
Pray.
Rest.
Pray.
Rest.
Pray..........
and maybe he needs to get parttime work while he waits...there are jobs doing things he probably doesn't want to do, like waiting tables, etc.; but if you guys desperately need the money...then it's time......

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
and maybe he needs to get parttime work while he waits...there are jobs doing things he probably doesn't want to do, like waiting tables, etc.; but if you guys desperately need the money...then it's time......
Oh believe you me Sandy, he's been looking. He's willing to do anything at this point, he's not picky he just wants to work. There's NOTHING out there at the moment.

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Ugh! Well, at least they're predicting a turnaround by the end of this year. Thankfully, Paul hasn't done new construction in years. Otherwise we'd be more screwed than we are now.

A bit of good news just now. He's doing a week long job for his "forever client" up the road, and she gave him her neighbors number who wants her basement refinished right away. :)

1 - 20 of 27 Posts