1 - 16 of 16 Posts
F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
995 Posts
That is one happy Lab! My kids would love all of those sticks too!

·
Registered
9,503 Posts
She is beautiful! that place looks like labby paradise!

Emma the lab, Aidan chews them until there is nothing left also ::)

·
Registered
11,079 Posts
Beautiful pictures Felix. It is a lab paradise. I love the ones of Laika jumping over the downed tree.

·
Registered
4,419 Posts
Rangermom said:
Beautiful pictures Felix. It is a lab paradise. I love the ones of Laika jumping over the downed tree.
I agree totally ! She looks like she is having fun fun fun !!!

Melissa
;)

·
Registered
7,052 Posts
I hope she was just gathering sticks. Please be careful throwing sticks for her. Here is my experience with stick throwing. Never again will I throw a stick for Buddy.

I was throwing a stick for Buddy. It landed too close to him. When he went to grab it, it went into his mouth and caught him just below the left tonsillar crept. It tore out the left tonsil and continued across the back of his throat. At first I didn't think anything was wrong, but he was acting so strangely that I took him to the ER vet. They had to operated and repair his throat. NEVER THROW STICKS FOR DOGS. I was so lucky I didn't lose Buddy.

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
buddysmom said:
I hope she was just gathering sticks. Please be careful throwing sticks for her. Here is my experience with stick throwing. Never again will I throw a stick for Buddy.

I was throwing a stick for Buddy. It landed too close to him. When he went to grab it, it went into his mouth and caught him just below the left tonsillar crept. It tore out the left tonsil and continued across the back of his throat. At first I didn't think anything was wrong, but he was acting so strangely that I took him to the ER vet. They had to operated and repair his throat. NEVER THROW STICKS FOR DOGS. I was so lucky I didn't lose Buddy.
We had a comparable thing a few year's a go over here in the dog park, so you have made you're point ;)

But Laika, has to wait until i throw the stick, then she's alloud to retrieve the stick and bring the stick to me ... it's all in the game ;)

And she wont chew on them, because she dont have the time to start chewing! ;D

·
Registered
7,052 Posts
Good. That is the best way to do it. SU has done that a few times with Buddy. I'm just so paranoid now. The way he goes in scooping up anything I throw at full speed. I'm just so afraid he will scoop it up by the end and stab himself again. I still have nightmares about how the back of his throat looked after the vet sedated him and let me see the back of his throat. I just can't begin to explain the damage that had been done. I didn't think the vet would ever be able to repair that much damage.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts