Just Labradors banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6,114 Posts
Obviously I feel sorry for his wife, but if I'd been her there'd have been no memorial service. There's no way I would sit through people getting up and talking about what a great teammate and community guy he was when the reason for his death seems to be that his mistress thought he had another girlfriend. My grief stage would be pretty much stuck on pissed at this point.

·
Registered
10,636 Posts
Obviously I feel sorry for his wife, but if I'd been her there'd have been no memorial service. There's no way I would sit through people getting up and talking about what a great teammate and community guy he was when the reason for his death seems to be that his mistress thought he had another girlfriend. My grief stage would be pretty much stuck on pissed at this point.
couldn't agree more! I heard a ESPN guy defend him and say that pro players are under so much pressure when they retire......GIVE ME A BREAK:rolleyes:

·
Registered
11,990 Posts
I would not have attended the memorial service if I were her. Or - I would wear something very festive.

·
Banned
2,041 Posts
Steve Mcnair died ? :( Im behind times .

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
I feel bad for his family too. Had I been the wife in that situation, I probably would have went along with the memorial service. I would have been privately steaming mad, but he was still the father of our children. I think a service like that would help them remember all the good memories and things their father did. I would think something like that would be important for the kids to look back on, giving the manner he died.

·
Registered
10,664 Posts
If I were his wife I would have the most lavish funeral. I would invite the media and allow them a nice close up location to film the entire graveside ceremony. Immediately after the first shovel of dirt is tossed on to the casket. I would drop trow and urinate in the grave. After a quick wipe, I would smile,flip off the media and go have a beer.

I'm tired of the media making heroes of dirtbags and deviates.

·
Registered
10,345 Posts
I would imagine she did it for the kids sake. It is hard enough and it does give them a chance to say goodbye to their dad.

Having lived in Tennessee while he was QB for the Titans, I am shocked. He always had this squeaky clean image and I cannot imagine how his wife and kids are feeling right now. I would imagine Mrs. McNair was probably so numb emotionally and it will take time to process and work thru all this.

I hope somehow she and the kids find some peace in all this. As for the other woman, not too sympathetic. She was fooling around with a married man. I have no use for anyone who cheats on a spouse.

·
Registered
10,719 Posts
r.

I'm tired of the media making heroes of dirtbags and deviates.
I figure that since they do so much, they must be one and the same, folks tend to like others similar to themselves.

Me, if I was her, I'd have him creamated and then flush the ashes down the toilet.

At least since they wern't divorced, she should end up with what ever he had, if they were already divorced she'd have only got part of it, perhaps things worked out for the best.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts