Just Labradors banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I had one today. Arthritis in my left knee. I was so AFRAID that it was going to HHHHUUUUURRRTTTTTT (according to my friends) but I have got to say that of all the shots I've ever had, this one truly hurt the LEAST. If I hadn't been watching it, and felt the weird feeling of 'stuff' going into your knee, I would not have known it!

anyone else had one? What was your experience? Did it help and how long did it take????? I want INSTANT results :D

Frances

·
Registered
8,657 Posts
Glad it went well. I also had my first cortisone shot in my knee just a couple months ago. I was also very afraid of how much it would hurt, having heard all kinds of horror stories about these shots. I tightened up when he first stuck me, then relaxed and really didn't feel it either - just a sort of pressure as the stuff went in - no pain at all! I have also had 2 shots in my left foot recently (I'm falling apart), and they stung just a little, but not bad at all. The worst ones I had were in my wrist, and they hurt some, but since it was such a little space , it wasn't horrible. Now my shoulder - that's a different story - still don't want to have one there.

·
Registered
29,548 Posts
I found out after having cortisone injected into my knee that I'm allergic to it. I wanted to claw it out. My knee swelled to twice the normal size and itched and burned for days. The knee pain was gone, but I can't do that again.

I hope it works for you.

·
Registered
11,990 Posts
I had a cortisone shot in my face once - from a dermatologist. I wanted to die. Glad to hear it is not so bad in the knee - I have arthritis in both and will eventually need them replaced.

·
Registered
3,479 Posts
Tomorrow morning you are going to hate your doctor. It will be stiff and sore but MOVE that knee. A little activity will work out the pain. If you don't use it it will get worse and worse but a little activity just gentle swinging it back and forth will get it going again.

I loved it when they would inject my shoulder if it was swollen inside it was like a wonder drug. But the trick is to know to use it enough but not to over use it as the pain med injected with the cortisone will make it feel better and mask the pain.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts