Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
5,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yup, boot camp for bad dogs. Juvenile Delinquent camp. The slammer. Bad Dog U.

She goes next week (leaves on Tues. morning - gone for a week). There are some fear/aggression issues that have been escalating over the last couple months. Specifically with men. It started when we had our pool put in last year.

I know in my heart, it's the absolute BEST thing for her, but it still doesn't make it any easier to bring her. I'm mostly worried about heat exhaustion with her. Bulldogs can die if exposed to the heat for long periods of time, and especially if they're unable to get their body temp down. I know part of their goal in all this is to bring her in to the daycare during the day (she's not good with other dogs either), and that is mostly outside play. I just got back from the vet to get her a Bordatella (sp?) shot that they require.

A few good thoughts for the beotch would be appreciated. ;)

·
Registered
5,187 Posts
Awww...so sorry to hear about Stella's aggression issues. Is this common for bulldogs? I don't have any experience with BDs.

·
Registered
6,961 Posts
DOH! Don't do it to my Stella Fratella. She's got a big bella. he heee heeeeeeeeee.

So, what temps does she heat up in?

·
Registered
5,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Shanna said:
DOH! Don't do it to my Stella Fratella. She's got a big bella. he heee heeeeeeeeee.

So, what temps does she heat up in?
Anything above 80 and she's hurtin'. :(

rottnlabs said:
Is this common for bulldogs?

Sadly, it is. They were bred to take down the Bulls.....it's so much a part of who they are (still). They're tough little buggers.

·
Registered
20,085 Posts
Bulleys tend to want to run the show -- the ENTIRE show -- and they can get upset when they realize that their input isn't needed 24/7.

That said, I love Bulleys!!!

·
Registered
2,914 Posts
I would be worried about her overheating too I know dogs that are lower to the ground can get heat stroke faster well I hope it works and she comes home to you better :)

·
Registered
6,961 Posts
I don't like that. Last summer, my friend's dog died from heat stroke. It wasn't pretty. Are you sure she has to go while it's hot?

·
Registered
9,226 Posts
oh Bren, where are you taking her? Have you talked to the trainers about heat issues?
I hope you see some positive results.
this is tough for you.

·
Registered
12,928 Posts
Good luck, Stella. Zoe went to boot camp around this time of year a few years ago. The trained outside early in the morning and very late in the evening. She adjusted much better than her mommy did! ;)

·
Registered
13,529 Posts
You're doing the best thing for everyone, Bren, but you know that. I hope she comes back a reformed Stella. Give her big smooches from me.

Have you drilled it into these guys not to let her overheat??

·
Registered
7,129 Posts
Poor Stella Bella! Hope it works out for her, Bren. I know that has to be tough for you.

·
Registered
16,129 Posts
Awwww, Stella.

Sorry you're going through this with her. I know it can't be cheap, either. One thing I'm curious about--what information do they provide you with at the end of the boot camp? In other words, how do you train her to generalize the experience there to the home environment, without the trainers, same structure, etc.?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts