Just Labradors banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not because I need to lose weight, but so help me, the insane sugar cravings have got to GO. and the only way I have little desire for sugar is when I'm not eating carbs.

Right now though, I'm content with eating nothing but ice cream, donuts and cinnamon rolls. Sounds healthy doesn't it?

So I'm going to go carb-less for a little bit, and then slowly introduce the good ones back in and only eat those. and that is ok because truthfully in the end (after i eat them) i feel soooo gross that i wonder why i ate them in the first place.

i cant eat dairy without tissues handy and i hack up a lung.. so goodbye to that too. ice cream really isn't as good after snot starts running down your face.

·
Registered
9,226 Posts
good luck. I use South Beach as a way to eat all the time. I go back to the Phase 1 when I find that I have either gained weight or have been eating too many sweets(the holidays)
IF you can get past the first 2-3 days, it becomes much easier and your cravings subside.
But to me the first few days...rough.

·
Registered
4,802 Posts
South Beach is great and I have been quite successful. Just make sure you don't spend too much time in phase I, because you will miss out on the nutritional benefits added in phase II.
My only criticism of S.B. is that all of their recipes for sweets use artificial sweetener, which I will not/can not use.

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don't intend to because I really like whole grain stuff.

I just need that jump start to the metabolism.

So far, ok, I like grab and go stuff and have no clue what to eat in this phase. When I can have apples I'll be in heaven

·
Registered
4,802 Posts
karebella said:
I don't intend to because I really like whole grain stuff.

I just need that jump start to the metabolism.

So far, ok, I like grab and go stuff and have no clue what to eat in this phase. When I can have apples I'll be in heaven
Phase I was frustrating because I because SO sick of cheesesticks and eggs. I bought tons of cheese and hardboiled eggs so that I could "grab and go" but I got SO sick of them so quickly!

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That's just it, and I live on fruit.
Grab and go is my thing, specially things like granola bars.

Thank god, I can eat eggs and cheese forever.

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I blew it last night.

We went to a hockey game that had a buffet and there was NOTHING phase 1 friendly. So what did I do, over-ate everything and said I'll start today... except there is another of the same thing tomorrow.

:(

·
Registered
4,802 Posts
karebella said:
I blew it last night.

We went to a hockey game that had a buffet and there was NOTHING phase 1 friendly. So what did I do, over-ate everything and said I'll start today... except there is another of the same thing tomorrow.

:(
Yeah, you need to be able to plan ahead. Throw some cheese in a ziplock and bring it with you. You could bring a bag of nuts, too, although I don't know if they are specifically in phase I. They are better than what I bet was on that buffet, though!

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm just going to re-start the w hole thing Sunday.
Friday it's Pizza day at the office because the boss is buying due to secretaries week and well, I don't know how comfortable I'd be picking off the cheese and eating just that.

You can have nuts yeah.. i eat 20 for my mid morning snack. I've got to figure a way to eat more. i seem to be always hungry but frankly i am not a low fat cheese own its own type person.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts