Just Labradors banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WOOOOOOT!!!! It's sooo much fun and he is *such* a quick learner, this little wild child of mine.

This is what we did in Comp Puppy 1:
Competition Puppy Level 1
For puppies 10 weeks to 5 months - This class does not teach basic control.
Lay foundation for the novice and open class. Skills taught include tuck sits, heel position, recalls, back drops, finishes, introduction to dumbell, jumping, sit and down stays. Includes lots of games to keep training interesting and fun for you and your puppy.
and this is what we're learning in Comp Puppy 2!
Competition Puppy – Level 2
Puppies over 5 months – available upon the completion of Competition Puppy 1.
Review and build on the foundation skills from Competition Puppy Level 1 as your puppy continues to grow. Focus on utility foundation skills such as; sit, down and recall signals, go-outs, directed jumping and more games.

·
Registered
2,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We're so lucky to have her. Marie is an hour away, but I would drive double that for the boys. She makes it soo much fun for the puppies. We even started building the foundation for scent articles in Comp Puppy 1! Unreal!! :D

·
Registered
3,424 Posts
Isn't it amazing what puppies are capable of? I'm glad Ollie is doing so well for you!

·
Registered
10,258 Posts
Wow, that is fantastic.

I'm a bit weird I guess, I have to teach things as we go. I just can't teach utility stuff while working in Novice. My focus isn't that good ;)

Pretty soon Ollie will have his OTCH and we can all say, "I remember him when..." :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts