Just Labradors banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
boy, am I out of shape! I need to get back some tone and defintion.

I did upper body yesterday and legs and abs today...OWWWW!!!

but already I feel I have extra energy! I have forgotten how good this feels.

Anyone else do free weights at home?

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
I use the rubber exercise tubes/bands ... I think they serve the same purpose as free weights ??? ... toning and muscle building?

I like them because they weigh almost nothing, so I can take them with me when I go out walking or running. You can use them to do all of the standard arm exercises ... and they are really useful when you loop them through a chain link fence (like at a tennis court) because you can do all sorts of rowing exercises, etc.

And, most importantly, they are cheap! ;)

·
Registered
6,676 Posts
HOw are you feeling with the weights so far?

·
Registered
9,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am starting my second week..I am doing 2 days upper, 2 days lower alternating. I am still sore.
While I know it will be a few weeks before I see physical changes, adding the weight training has given me an energy boost.
I need to up my metabolism too and I think this is the ticket. I can't eat any less than I already do.

·
Registered
13,529 Posts
Do you set aside time for it? Or are you doing it while watching tv, etc? I always start off with good intentions, but somehow, the wieghts sit on my coffee table while I watch television.

I am good at getting my cardio in each week though.

·
Registered
9,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
set aside time at least 4 times a week. I hate it but I have to do it, I am getting soft.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts