Just Labradors banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
They've been on Natural Balance L.I.D. Venison and Sweet Potato for a couple of weeks now. Their poops are very dark, but I understand that - the food itself is dark in color. BUT THE SMELL!!!!!!!!! UGH!!!!!!!!!! It's just a nasty, smell. It's not a "regular" poop smell, just, I don't know, different, nasty. All 3 of them....
Is that normal?

·
Registered
11,990 Posts
I dunno - but I stopped giving my boys venison treats because they produced room clearing toxic clouds from their butts. Threw those treats right out!

·
Registered
3,514 Posts
Before I put Gryphon on TOTW fish formula we tried some of the bison/venison formula and I am telling you I pick up a lot of poop in my yard but nothing has ever made me so sick than when he was eating that bison/venison formula. It was HORRID!!!
I could smell it before I was even near it.

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So I guess it's normal then. They're all doing really well on it, so I guess we'll just have to deal.
*hurk*

·
Registered
13,489 Posts
Venison is actually very good for them. When hunting season comes, our dogs get it raw sometimes and cooked sometimes, everyday. I never notice stinky poop, but then again, they poop in the woods, I don't have to clean it up.

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Try the natural balance duck formula, we dont have the "stinky" problem.
No can do, it's got salmon oil in it. Frankie is allergic to fish products.
We've learned to live with the stink. :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts