Just Labradors banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone purchased MSM to supplement a g/c supplement that lacks it? I use stand alone MSM on my horse and was wondering if its available for dogs. Any good MSM brand recommendations? Thanks a lot!

·
Registered
3,575 Posts
I use a regular human variety supplement of MSM, 1000 mg. Only Maddy gets it because she has problems with her elbows and wrists. They all get human G/C and then I add that MSM for just her.

·
Registered
8,330 Posts
CYNLABS said:
I use a regular human variety supplement of MSM, 1000 mg...
I did the same with Mick. He also got ArthriSoothe instead of gluc/chon. I found buying the horse formula (Powder) was much more economical than the tablets they make for dogs.

·
Registered
8,330 Posts
rileygirl23 said:
I was thinking the same thing :) How much of the horse kind do you give your dog?
Thanks
The lable said to double the dosage for the first 2 weeks, so I started Mick out with 1/4 tsp a day, then dropped it to 1/8. The last year or so of his life, I went back to 1/4 tsp (after talking to my vet about it). Mick weighed 75 pounds when I started the ArthriSoothe. He lost about 10 pounds over his last 4 years due to muscle loss from laryngeal paralysis. My vet & I are convinced that, besides helping with old age stiffness, etc, the ArthriSoothe helped slow down the progression of the LP.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts