Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
10,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone here have a stamped and colored concrete patio or walk? I'm preparing to have a patio done this spring and before I shell out the coin for this project. I would like some thoughts from those who have it done or know someone who has.

·
Registered
28,830 Posts
I was looking into those finishes last year for my front porch (concrete). There's a LOT of work involved and it was WAY outside my budget, but in looking at pictures online I saw some absolutely gorgeous jobs, both indoor and outdoor.

S

·
0 Posts
The Company I'm leaving next month specializes in it. I love it too. It is pricey but it's just as durable as plain old concrete. I'm planning on having some done in my backyard (I know how to get a deal! lol)

·
Registered
10,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Paddysmom said:
I was looking into those finishes last year for my front porch (concrete). There's a LOT of work involved and it was WAY outside my budget, but in looking at pictures online I saw some absolutely gorgeous jobs, both indoor and outdoor.
I received a quote this morning. I know the contractors work and I will do all the site work, prep,forming etc. and it was still a good chunk of money! Lori and I really like the cobble stone look. I was a little surprized at the cost.

·
Registered
13,130 Posts
deific said:
Is Stamped and colored concrete less expensive than pavers?
It's a lot less expensive. We had it done 2 summers ago and love it. I will find some pictures and post them tonight. We love it, there is no upkeep you can just hose it off and be done. One of SU's friends does it. Ours cost about $3200 for a pretty big patio. Our friends across the street have a much smaller patio they had done with pavers and it cost them $7000.

·
Registered
3,426 Posts
I am going to have a patio poured in red stained concrete with a circled star cut in the middle and barbed wire bordering the whole thing. They quoted me 2.50 a square foot. Very affordable, when you think about how much pavers cost these days, and the work to lay them out.

P

·
0 Posts
My inLaws have stamped and colored. One sidewalk is about 4 years old, still looks great. The other sidewalk (and I believe thier front porch also) are about 2 years old.

You might be able to get a good job but cheaper from a smaller company. My BrotherInLaw had a small company(gave it to the Nephew now), in addition to his 40hr week job and does such things.

D

·
0 Posts
2.50 isn't bad, I was only planning on doing a large gazebo type area with patio furniture and a grill.

·
Registered
10,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I was quoted $2600 for a 18 x 24 area. I'm just not used to hiring contractors, up to this point we've done all our own work.

·
Registered
10,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
dweck said:
I believe the correct terminology is Concret Patio of Color.

Ahh,yes! I must be politcally correct! I have a concrete joke that is ethnically based, I dare not tell it or I'd be in the midst of an eight page barbeque.

·
Registered
3,426 Posts
deific said:
Can I do a little DIY here? How difficult is this?
I would say it is pretty difficult to get the stain and stamping right. Building the form and pouring concrete is fine, but I would be leary of trying the new stuff.

·
Registered
10,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
deific said:
The stamps are expensive. The coloring or dye is reasonable. Concrete is running about 80 bucks a yard in our area,in natural color.

·
Registered
13,130 Posts
deific said:
You can but you would have to get the stain and the release from a supplier and you would have to rent the stamp. I wouldn't do it myself it would be really easy to mess up. I watched them do our neighbors last summer. No thanks. SU's friend did theirs too. Their are no redo's without breaking the whole thing up. Sometime you have to hire someone.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts