Just Labradors banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Spud is the perfect therapy dog. Sweet, bright, gentle, loves people, obedient, calm but playful when needed. I love taking him to hospitals, schools, and libraries.

Well, yesterday, I took him to the local primary school (2nd grade class) for a reading time. The teacher had Spud and me go back to the reading corner, and she sent 5-6 kids at a time back to take turns reading to Spud.

That sweet boy just lays there or sits and lets them pet him, pull his ears, poke him in the face, play with his tail. He is such a trooper.

Well, one kid is reading and Spud sits up and starts panting....a little stress pant. I realize he probably needs a break. Then, a little boy shouts out, "Eeeewwww, what is THAT!" :eek: :eek:

I notice that he's pointing to Spud's "Mr. Winky" that has made an untimely appearance. Of course, the entire group looks and erupts in, "What's that? What's wrong with Spud? That's gross." I immediately have Spud stand so it goes back in.

I just told them to give me a minute and let Spud take a stretch. I walked him up and down the hall for a minute and came back. He was fine.

But now I know to watch for that. I was afraid those kids were scarred for life! :p :D

·
Registered
5,276 Posts
LOL! Where is the laugh-y smiley guy? Poor Spud!

·
Registered
8,793 Posts
Aw, poor Spud. You need to get him a big textbook to cover himself up with in case that happens again. And tell him to never ever wear track pants... :eek:

:D

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
Great story! Tell Spud thanks for the laugh!
You'll look back on this and laugh and laugh for years to come, arn't dogs the best?

·
Registered
14,925 Posts
I just told them to give me a minute and let Spud take a stretch. I walked him up and down the hall for a minute and came back.
LOL WTG Nancy. You walked away in a nice way, left the teacher alone to explain and got back just in time ;)

·
Registered
5,336 Posts
Oh, Nancy!! I just literally 'LOL'd! :D

Smoochies to Spud. It's good for kids to be exposed to, ahhh introduced to things like this. ;)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts