Just Labradors banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
28,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay. How about this. You finally relent, knowing that he/she is NEVER going to stop leaving bits and bobs on top of the dryer (counter/washer/sink/hall ledge). You buy a nice container. A basket, jar, hamper, box, whatever it takes to keep all "the stuff" under control.

You place the container in the appropriate place expecting over time to find, oh, a roll of duct tape, a screwdriver or two, a paintbrush, some string, maybe a sock, a tube of glue. Little icky "gets-in-your-way" stuff. Within 6 months the container is loaded with the aforementioned AND... battery chargers, batteries, swiffers, bic lighters, paint stirrers, a few handfuls of dryer lint, small saws poking up over the top, paint mixing trays, rubber gloves, gardening gloves, a couple of stale dog biscuits, an appliance warranty card, Shanna's electric bill, odd pieces of wire that you are told to "NOT THROW OUT!"...

What do you do? Trash everything in there and see if the other party notices? Haul the container out to the garage intact and start over with a new one (I'm opting for that one)? See just how full it can get before stuff starts falling out of it onto the surface it is supposed to be keeping clutter free?

Hm?

R

·
0 Posts
I'd go through it take out what "I" thought was important put it were it's supposed to go, and then throw the rest out.

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
OMG Nance!!!!! You just described the change basket that I keep in the bathroom for his pocket change when he goes to take a shower. I went to transfer it to our big jug lastweek and screws, drill thingies, paper clips, 2 pen knifes, 5 carpenters pencil, etc. The only thing missing was Shanna's electric bill.

B

·
0 Posts
Sort through it, keep the non-trash, give him the opportunity to put away what he thought needed to be put away (that opportunity would be one day and there would have to be places for those things to have a home) and then they'd get trashed.

I'm a NO clutter kind of person. If you want it that bad it better be put away or it's getting put away or trashed. ;)

·
Registered
10,664 Posts
I have a ceramic bowl that gets dumped to a box and them brought to the garage. It's nice to know it's a universal thing.

Now Lorri will take the time to clip a coupon, that gets moved around,picked up off the floor and saved until it expires.

How many half finished cross word puzzles does she need laying around, a dozen?

Why in a 10 x 8 walk-in closet do I consume 2 feet and she has the rest. What's she saving these clothes for? On top of that why, does she have nothing to wear when invited to a party?

What in the hell is Lorri doing with Shanna's electric bill?

T

·
0 Posts
yeah we have one of these. I have to clean it out once a week. OMG after a weekend you wouldnt believe what is in our box.

socks, bottle caps, keys, at least 20 pens, rubber bands, lots of change, doggie treats, doggie collar, shoe strings, a flip flop, a fork, soap, sponge, lighter, cigs, shot glass and god knows what else. Sometimes I just dump into the garbage, god only knows what i am throwing away.

·
Registered
10,230 Posts
We don't really have that box yet it all ends up on the table, counter, and dog cabinet ??? I try to clear it off at least once a week but it only takes a few hours it to fill back up ???

Part of it's me though so I can't say too much to SU.

D

·
0 Posts
Yeah, I have one of those collection areas. It's called my dining room table.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts