Just Labradors banner

Spinoff - Downtowns

293 views 10 replies 11 participants last post by  BigBrownDog 
#1 ·
This is a spinoff on Aim's thread and someone said they hadn't been to downtown in 15 years. How many live near a major metro area/city yet hardly ever go to downtown? I live 7 miles from downtown Portland, but the only time I seem to go there is when I have out-of-town company. When I was in So. Cal, lived 10 minutes from downtown Long Beach, avoided it like the plague. Lived 30 minutes from downtown LA, been there done that.

#6 ·
Lived in NJ, 8 miles from GWB. We would go into NYC twice a year to see a play. End of visits.

Lived in Huntington Beach, CA for 5 years. After the first year the only time we got to LA was when guests wanted to sight see.

Live 8 miles outside of Minneapolis. Excluding stops to take Louie out for an afternoon walk on my way home, we get into the city maybe 4 times a year. Generally to see a show, special dinner out, etc.

#7 ·
We live about 15 minutes from downtown Indianapolis. We very rarely go downtown. I really don't know why. Definitely more often than every 15 years though! =) Probably a half dozen times a year, maybe.

#8 ·
We get into Philadelphia proper about 4-5x per year. We'll get a museum hankering and take the kids. And definitely the Thanksgiving Parade. There are great restaurants in Phila, but it's a long way for a date night.

#9 ·
Well, i lived close to the centre of San Francisco.. went there quite often, but that city's downtown is different than most.. i think..

I lived on the outskirts of Toronto for a year and never went downtown.. hated it..

Now i live in a small city and our downtown is a ghost town.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.