Just Labradors banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our sweet boy was involved in a terrible accident and is now paralyzed from the waist down. I actually haven't logged into this forum in 7 years and kinda sad looking at old posts where I was asking questions about our new puppy (who is now 7). The vets took an MRI and it was actually good news when we were told it was a spinal contusion and no surgery would be required. We were also told there is a chance of full recovery. I guess the vets can't tell us if there is a good chance, or bad chance, just a chance. He is receiving hyperbaric oxygen therapy for next couple of days and will be allowed to come home Monday. He is in otherwise great health. He had daily walks and plenty of running around the backyard with his brother. The vets also told us that we will need to help him to urinate by compressing his stomach, as he is not able to do that on his own. Do any of you know what the best online resources are for dogs with paralysis and therapy? My wife and I are 100% up to the challenge to get our boy back to his old self and will do whatever it takes. I know I'll need to buy a sling to get him up and around, but the vet hasn't mentioned anything to me so far to prepare us for when he comes home. I'm also assuming we'll need to get some kind of doggie wheelchair or something right? We just want to make sure we are prepared for all the required therapy to help him regain he legs again if possible. Thank you.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts