Just Labradors banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My pet store just started carrying it and it's 1/3 of the price of Frontline, which is what I usually buy. It's Natural Defense flea & tick treatment, and it's all natural. The ingredients are :

Active Ingredients:
Peppermint Oil .................. 3.00%
Cinnamon Oil .................... 4.50%
Lemongrass Oil ................. 4.50%
Clove Oil .......................... 5.00%
Thyme Oil ......................... 5.00%

Other Ingredients:
(Vanillin, Isopropyl Myristate) ... 78.00%

Has anyone tried this? I've been so hesitant to buy it because I don't know if it will work as well as the Frontline has. I love the all natural ingredients though. Whaddya think? Here's a link :
http://www.onlynaturalpet.com/products/Sentry-Natural-Defense-Flea-Tick-Squeeze-On-for-Dogs/207000.aspx

·
Registered
3,514 Posts
nope does not work
I have also made this very product myself for mosquitoes with those ingredients and used it on me several years back and it was USELESS!

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm glad I asked, thanks Kim!

·
Registered
8,793 Posts
I also remember someone posting about something similar (dogster maybe...? don't remember) and it actually burned the dogs coat. :eek:

I don't use flea/tick medication and use a natural spray for going out in bug populated areas (for both the dogs and us) that works surprisingly well. It's on the "products" section of this site: http://www.animalwellness.ca/

·
Registered
8,330 Posts
Amy, I've never had any faith in Sentry, so I asked my vet about that product at the end of the winter. I thought maybe the company had changed for the better. Anyway- Doc said, nope, my gut was right- don't trust it. Oh, btw, the other natural stuff Ed has- it stinks to high heaven! All I did was pick up the bottle to smell it, and by the time I got home I had a migraine. :( It took quite a few hand washings to get the smell off my hannds.

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Frontline it is then!! :)

·
Registered
3,174 Posts
It was Fudge who ended up with very bad skin burns from me using it on him. I can't find the pictures I took where he has 3"+ circles on his back. It caused blisters and he lost his hair. Even when his hair came back in it was a different color. It did not burn Nutmeg or Achilles.

The company said there is a warning on the label that some dogs may have a reaction. I had to use a medicated shampoo from the vet to help with the burns. The company did pay me back.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts