Just Labradors banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ugh. I have a 9 o'clock appointment tomorrow morning and I'm already a nervous wreck and sick to my stomach. It's a 1-1/2 hour appointment, too. :-\

Someone please hold my hand and tell me everything will be alright. :angel:

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Get the sweet air-everything will be just fine!!
My dentist doesn't have that. :-\

·
Registered
8,752 Posts
Hey Amy!

Whatcha havin' done??

If your dentist doesn't have nitrous, you may want to ask him/her about taking an oral sedative (ativan, valium... that sort of thing). Just make sure you have someone to drive you there and home afterwards!

Good luck!!

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
I get the gas too, and switched dentists just so I could. Even for cleanings! It's made all the difference in the world, truly! I will actually GO to the dentist now.........

Frances

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Felicia! I forgot that you work for a dentist (or are you a dentist, I forget :-\). I had a root canal in tooth #5 a couple of weeks ago so tomorrow I'm going for the crown prep. I've had several crowns done but it's been awhile and I forget what they do. I don't understand why it's an hour & 1/2 appointment.

He said I *might* need to get crown lengthening done first but he won't be able to tell until tomorrow. That doesn't make sense to me either. It's got plenty of tooth to grab onto.

Le sigh.

·
Registered
6,666 Posts
I'm sure it will be ok, Amy, but the dentist is no fun. I just got in from my teeth cleaning this morning, and I have cracks in three teeth. :( At first they were talking crowns, but then the dentist said that he thought they caught them early enough that he could repair them with bonding so I have to go back in three weeks to have that done. He offered me pills in case I'm nervous, but I said no, then wished I'd said yes.

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Imagine way back when in the olden days when they didn't have any of this stuff?! I heard people would kill themselves because the pain was unbearable when they had bad teeth.

·
Registered
578 Posts
jzgrlduff said:
Imagine way back when in the olden days when they didn't have any of this stuff?! I heard people would kill themselves because the pain was unbearable when they had bad teeth.
Better living though pharmeceuticals is what my nurse aunt always says!!

·
Registered
10,664 Posts
jzgrlduff said:
You could also get a shave and a haircut from the same guy!! Maybe we can get Glen to post some early barber pics.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts