·
Registered
44,122 Posts
OMG why did I open that link? :(

·
Registered
26,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
DS and his gf was home when I was watching this. DS never heard of such and said what a bunch of idiots. His gf said she had heard of it.

·
Registered
8,812 Posts
I haven't and don't normally talk about this but, my brother, married and 3 young kids, was found in his room. He was hanging from his belt. We don't know for sure, but think he was doing it for the sexual arousal. His wife was not very helpful or forthcoming with information. At first we thought suicide, but that was ruled out. More information needs to be out there about this kind of stuff.

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
wasn't this popular a few years ago? I remember talking to my son about it when he was 6 or 7, he is now 12. I guess I have talk to him again.

Linda...so sorry about your brother.

·
Registered
7,129 Posts
It was popular in the mid-90s when I was in middle school....we would press on each others chests until we passed out. It seemed funny back then. You don't think about dying when you're that age.

·
Registered
16,129 Posts
Oh my gosh, Linda, I'm sorry. That's so tragic.

And it's true, kids just tend to assume they'll live forever. I know we did some things as kids (talking 8-9 years old) that were so stupid I can't even get my head around it. Like lighting stuff on fire in the woods, not thinking about the fact that we were surrounded by hundreds of acres of dry leaves.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts