Just Labradors banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's just a GIGANTIC python and the family lets their 6 year old snuggle with it. :eek:

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yea, she's cool...but HUGE! I wonder what she eats? Never mind, I don't want to know.

·
Registered
618 Posts
Gross! I really don't like snakes. My nephew had a 6 foot orange thingy (snake) HUGE! that he let his son play with all the time. My great nephew is only 3 and he loves this snake. They fed it frozen rats. They never fed it anything live because of my great nephew. They were afraid that if he put his hand in the cage the snake would attack him thinking he was "food". Well....they got rid of the snake because she got too big. Just today they bought him a baby rat. Funny......snake food......weirdos....

I don't like rats either. Whats wrong with getting your kid a nice puppy?

·
Registered
13,418 Posts
my current snakes eat live mice. they won't eat prekilled mice. i have never been "attacked" because i was mistaken for food. i don't smell like a rodent. as long as i wash my hands after handling the mice, it's not a problem.

personally i hate mice so it's not a problem for me(hate them, not afraid of them.)

·
Registered Users
10,466 Posts
my current snakes eat live mice. they won't eat prekilled mice. i have never been "attacked" because i was mistaken for food. i don't smell like a rodent. as long as i wash my hands after handling the mice, it's not a problem.

personally i hate mice so it's not a problem for me(hate them, not afraid of them.)
Where do you get so many live mice Kel? or don't I want to know? :eek:

I guess now isn't a good time to say what I do with snakes for the sake of protecting my dogs from them. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
13,418 Posts
i get them from a chain pet store. they sell mice as pets, but the ones i get are specifically bred as feeder mice. they also sell snakes so it makes sense for them to sell food for them. they also sell frozen pinkies, fuzzies, mice and rats, but my two won't eat them.

they are in tanks and when i have them out, the dogs go in the bedroom. no chance of a bad encounter.

·
Registered
13,418 Posts
i tried breeding my own mice before, but they are smelly little smurfers so i won't keep them in my house anymore.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts