Just Labradors banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The original scary movie to me, I used to watch it all the time when I was little. It was on TV like every other Saturday. "Don't Be Araid of the Dark", starring Kim Darby! They're remaking it starring - ready for this one - Katie Holmes! I can't wait to see it! :)

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well I'm looking forward to it because the original is out of circulation. Can't get it anymore and I'm dying to see it again. :)

Sally, Sally, Sally, Sally....

·
Registered
10,257 Posts
There's no way it will have nearly the impact as the original. I think there was something so unexpected about DBATD, the fact that it was on TELEVISION, benevolent, friendly TELEVISION, and yet turned out to be this horror classic that has been remembered since its 1973 premier.

The remake will be 100% more believable, what with CGI gremlins and lots of trickery. But I can almost guarantee it won't even be 25% as scary.....

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
But I can almost guarantee it won't even be 25% as scary.....
No way.
Not even remotely possible.

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for that link, Dan. I remember searching online years ago and found that for legal reasons, it was no longer available.

·
Registered
10,257 Posts
The shower scene? ...Scarier than Psycho.

·
Registered
10,257 Posts
Well, I just read that Gullermo Del Toro is involved.

Hmmmm.....

That may make a difference. I loved "Pan's Labrynth"; equal parts of weird and scary. Might work here, especially with a minimalist, Hitchcockian/Spielbergian approach.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts