Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
G'morning all..is there any way to stop a dog from poop walking..Dakota poops, walks, poops, walks, poops, walks. Last night..he had an accident in our bathroom..we were out..this is unusual so it's something I fed him..and it was mushy poop...and he walked..and he walked..it was allllll over the bathroom, poop here, poop there..plop plop fizz fizz. YIKES!!!
Is there a way to stop him from walking while he poops?
Jackie

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
Hee hee, I don't know. My sister's dog, Skooter, an australian sheppard/beagle mix, does that too. And then as you're behind him picking up his poop, he kicks his legs back and kicks grass all over you! :D Maybe others will have some suggestions :)

·
Registered
5,915 Posts
there is no way to change a traveling pooper into a stationary one.
luke and penny are my one pile depositers. i like the one piles much, much better.
taylor is my traveler. she likes to leave a trail.

i have been known to blindly step in one or two of taylor's dashes or dots, either in the process trying to pick them all up or sometime later when i failed to do full clean up earlier.
i have never stepped in any of the stationary pooper's poops.

you know how some people can roll their tongues and other cannot, not matter how hard they try? i think that's how it is for the traveling vs the stationary poopers. i love my taylor girl, her trails of poop and all. :)

·
Registered
313 Posts
i have been known to blindly step in one or two of taylor's dashes or dots...

That is so funny!!! The kids are always wondering how I get dog poop on my shoes, and that is the exact reason!!!

·
Registered
2,925 Posts
Duke is a circle pooper - poop, do a 180 give it a good snif, poop some more, do another 180 just to see if is the same poop ::)

·
Registered
5,915 Posts
when duke is finished pooping, is he enclosed in a circle of pieces of his own poop?

i've seen a dog poop this way before. it was an amazing sight. the dog did a semi-squat and began spinning in place like a helicopter. the poop literally flew out of his butt. when the dog finished, he was surrounded by poop.

·
Registered
2,962 Posts
Yes, I too have a poop walker and I don't believe their is any way to reform them. I just think that is there way of working it all out :laugh:

·
Registered
8,472 Posts
Bess was a stationary poop piler. :)

Puff is a confirmed poop walker. :(

I think it's in their genes.

Puff leaves her Morse Code trail spread in a line a yard/meter long (or a little less). Since I pick it up (just as soon as she's finished) and she's usually offleash when she goes, I've learned to mark and head for the last small dollop and move back through the sequence to the first larger one. Since her poops are often close to the color of the ground, I find it easier to locate the smallest first because bigger ones will be more obvious.

Puff's trails are usually either fairly straight or with a slight curve: ) or (.

The quantities are not large, but then she's not a large Lab, either; in total they usually mold to about the size of a golf ball, sometimes smaller or a bit larger.

Early each morning, on leaving the car and starting our walk in the nature preserve, Puff poops in a mowed and maintained lawn area as soon as we've walked several hundred feet (90 m.). I bag and leave it to pick up on our return. Often after we've walked another 15-30 minutes and she's done a number of retrieves, Puff heads for tall grasses and brush 30 ft (10 m.) on either side of the trail and poops again. Since I don't pick up and bag that one, I praise and treat her for her being so considerate. (Not all others are -- we often encounter large dog poop-piles left on the trails.)

Then, around 2 PM every day, Puff approaches me, tail wagging & tongue trying to lick me, which I know means "I want to go out, pretty please, with Lab saliva on it."

So we go out and I bowl a softball or baseball on the sidewalk out front which she runs after and retrieves. She pees several times and usually within 4-5 fetches she's pooped her usual amount.

Then at 9-10 PM, out for a last pee and, occasionally, a poop.

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
ROFLING..welllllllllllll..I guess that answers my question..LOL..some of your stories are so funny!! Of course seeing 3 rugs, and a large piece of my bathroom floor covered in "dollops" of mushy poop..was not that amusing last night. I smelled it as soon as I walked in from the garage..my stomach turned..my nose clamped up..and I very slowly walked into the bathroom..didn't need to walk far........YIKES!!!! LOL
Thanks guys..I appreciate the humor along with the answers..
Jackie :eek:

·
Registered
12,420 Posts
Rush is a sit and $hit pooper but Boo is a poop walker. You never know how far she will walk so you have to keep looking. ::) ::)

·
Registered
7,664 Posts
i've seen a dog poop this way before. it was an amazing sight. the dog did a semi-squat and began spinning in place like a helicopter. the poop literally flew out of his butt. when the dog finished, he was surrounded by poop.
I would love to see something like that. :D From a dog other than Sundance.

·
Registered
16,129 Posts
luke from georgia said:
Video, please!

Theo is a concentric-circle-spinner-pooper, but at least he has the decency to hold off on dropping the load until he is stationary. Interestingly, he ALWAYS puts his back to me to poop. Yes, the same dog who happily scavenges human feces is shy about pooping in front of me.

·
Registered
5,915 Posts
video? i wish. it was a lab in at an adoption day. he got adopted, but i don't know who he lives with in his new life, and even if i did know, could you imagine. "um, excuse me, you don't know me, but could i videotape your lab taking a crap?"

·
Registered
16,129 Posts
luke from georgia said:
video? i wish. it was a lab in at an adoption day. he got adopted, but i don't know who he lives with in his new life, and even if i did know, could you imagine. "um, excuse me, you don't know me, but could i videotape your lab taking a crap?"
"No, it's not what you think! I just want to post it on the Internet for my friends! Wait, that didn't come out right!"

·
Registered
11,079 Posts
Ranger and Reggie are both poop walkers. Some mornings I swear that 12 dogs went poop in the yard.

G

·
Dakota walks and poops at the same time. It drives me crazy. If she is on leash she wont walk and poop she will poop in one spot ::) .

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
2 Dakota's that poop and walk..I should try the leash maybe...see if I can get him to realize there is room in one spot for his presents. When he was younger he stayed in one spot..ahhhhh..those were the good days..as he got more sure footed..he started "the walk". LOL
Jackie

LabMommyKathryn said:
Dakota walks and poops at the same time. It drives me crazy. If she is on leash she wont walk and poop she will poop in one spot ::) .

1 - 20 of 21 Posts