Just Labradors banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There was a high speed chase on a 2 lane road. The person being chased cut out in front of 3 cars going 80-90 MPH right at me, head on. I had NO TIME to react or even think! It happenned so fast! Then 3 cop cars fly past around. Didn't even have time to see or hear them coming and I did NOT have loud music blaring. It was really scary! I hate to second guess the police but this occured RIGHT when schools were getting out, I think they could have handled it better but I guess this isn't LA :p

http://www.wwmt.com/news/paw_35488___article.html/car_chase.html

Pretty scary. But I am really lucky!

Why does it seem like the news and people are behaving so crazy lately? I don't get it...the news is just lit up with this type of stuff!

G

·
oh my, that would of scared the crap out of me! did you go off the road? I've had a few close calls, but nothing like that! 3 cop cars seems a bit much to chase down 1 car, I have always thought it strange when police chase cars like that why not take the plate number and/ or leave them go so they are not causing a high speed chase especially in a residential area, I'm sure what ever crime they commited isn't worth the lives of innocent people.

·
Registered
10,664 Posts
tootsiesmom said:
Why does it seem like the news and people are behaving so crazy lately? I don't get it...the news is just lit up with this type of stuff!

I'm glad your OK. These high speed chases aren't worth it. IMO.

I know I sound selfish, but lately I try to avoid the news. It's not that I'm uncaring, but there is so much evil happening that it's overwhelming. Take a little break from the news. I find it helps me regain my perspective after a couple of weeks.

G

·
I never watch the news, I call all tv news programs "bad news"
I see the commercials saying whats comming up on the "news" and they are getting so much like tabloids its sick. I'm pretty sure I don't care who the father of anyones baby is.

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I wish I could avoid the news....I COULD.....but I like to check the weather in the AM on TV so that I can adjust my plan with the horses if needed.

Soooo, we watch the news :-\

·
Registered
10,664 Posts
tootsiesmom said:
I wish I could avoid the news....I COULD.....but I like to check the weather in the AM on TV so that I can adjust my plan with the horses if needed.

That's why I like the Weather channel. I'm old and us old guys are supposed to watch the Weather channel and golf, and worry about crab grass and say things like " I remember when they made real cars". You know, stuff like that.

G

·
labs4life said:
tootsiesmom said:

That's why I like the Weather channel. I'm old and us old guys are supposed to watch the Weather channel and golf, and worry about crab grass and say things like " I remember when they made real cars". You know, stuff like that.
*smirk* I give my parents no end of grief about the constant obsession with the weather. The sad thing is, they've now got ME obsessed with it too. I only watch the dedicated weather channel, still refuse to watch the news though.

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
labs4life said:
tootsiesmom said:

We only have 12 channels of TV (Basic cable)....this was on purpose LOL...no weather channel :'(

1 - 9 of 9 Posts