Just Labradors banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
903 Posts
Bwahahaha! That is hilarious!! Growing up, I was so afaid of touching the mark because the nuns had frowns of disapproval and they always left us with an open-ended warning, "Don't touch that or..."

·
Registered
6,114 Posts
When I was a kid, my brother told me that the ashes were the cremated remains of Jesus and he'd know if I touched them. I'm pretty sure a smiley face would have sent me straight to hell.

·
Registered
3,026 Posts
Oh my goodness....typical little girls! That's too funny!

·
Registered
13,524 Posts
That is hilarious, I don't think I would have been able to stop from laughing. I will have to remind my kids to keep their hands to themselves tonight.

·
Registered
8,812 Posts
Too cute!
I was Catholic growing up and then when I married started going to the Methodist church with my husband. I was surprised at one Ash Wednesday service the pastor burned palm leaves during the service to make the ashes to use for the service.

·
Registered
10,636 Posts
Too cute!
I was Catholic growing up and then when I married started going to the Methodist church with my husband. I was surprised at one Ash Wednesday service the pastor burned palm leaves during the service to make the ashes to use for the service.
What did you think the ashes were?

·
Registered
10,257 Posts
I've seen apparently long-lapsed Catholics approach the priest for the receipt of ashes.... and stick out their tongues!

·
Registered
4,824 Posts
I've seen apparently long-lapsed Catholics approach the priest for the receipt of ashes.... and stick out their tongues!
That's because today is one of those days, where all the!

Christmas
Ashes
Palms
Easter

Catholics! I find it highly entertaining to go to church on either Palm or Easter Sundy & count how many people I don't know in church!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts