Just Labradors banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How is the job search coming along for those in need? Good, I hope.

·
Registered
15,206 Posts
I don't need a job (and I'm thankful for that) but my current job IS driving me crazy... and it's about to get way way worse. (office dynamics are about to explode)

I probably should be looking for a different job but for now I'm going back to school and that is going pretty well.

I hope for the best for anyone looking for a job.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Still recovering from broken elbow and fingers and cannot work. Have been looking for work but until I can get a return to work slip from my doctor I am not considered a serious choice.

·
Registered
23,457 Posts
I have an interview tomorrow at 10:00 am with a dental clinic for receptionist Tuesday - Thursday - Saturday. The place where I get the boys' food and supplies is opening another store in Ann Arbor and the owner wants me to work there for her part-time. They just closed on the building and are starting demo, so that will be at least another 4 - 6 weeks away. But, it's a nice possibility. :)

I got another request to set up an interview, but I am ignoring it. It was an email from a collection agency. :( No way in hell can I do that. I'm afraid it will be a problem if I tell them no, because the listing was through the Michigan Job Bank, so I am just going to ignore it and hope they go away.

·
Registered
6,114 Posts
Good luck to everybody. We're getting 50 or 60 resumes a week, up from basically zero. It's scary when you see the kind of qualifications that people have, and they can't even get an interview.

·
Registered
2,188 Posts
Have been searching since May. . . applied to 4 jobs, interviewed for one, only 2 courteous enough to send a "sorry but" letter.

Looks like I will be managing the bowling center again and probably finishing my Master's-- I have 18 hours left.

·
Registered
12,170 Posts
I'm still waiting for the construction industry to pick up and am hoping to return to my old Architecture firm. I'm still working for them part time, looking after a couple of projects under construction, but they will be wrapping up soon. I'm busy trying to get my house done, so I've not been bored.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts