Just Labradors banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How green are the Colorox Green Works products?

Does anyone know?

I love them. I love their smell. I love how well they work. And I'd love it if they were truly green, but for some reason, I have a feeling they may not be so great in the green department. lol

·
Registered
7,129 Posts
I'm with ya there! I love them, too, especially the wipes and the bathroom cleaner. I actually switched to using castile soap in the shower and the scum has stopped building up completely. I still like using the Clorox on the bathroom counters and toilets, though.

·
Registered
3,915 Posts
I don't know, but I use the Arm and Hammer Essentials that comes in the little shots that you add water to your old bottle. You use less plastic and it's made from plant compounds. It smells great (I guess I never realized how irritating the other stuff was) and it works just as good. I'm guessing most of those products have pretty similar formulas.
http://www.armandhammeressentials.com/multisurface.aspx

According to the Clorox website, their cleaner is 99% natural.
http://www.greenworkspresskit.com/Green_Works_Ingredient_List.html

·
Registered
5,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nick, I've never seen the Arm and Hammer ones. I am not sure if they've made their way up here yet. But I'll keep an eye out for them.

Since Cameron has had reactions to the Glade Plug In, I'm trying to really watch what I expose my family to in the way of chemicals. I've always used vinegar to clean, but man, the Green Works smells so much nicer. :)

·
Registered
14,287 Posts
I mainly use a locally made (yay!) natural product line called Downeast. Phosphate free, non toxic, pthalate free. For many things I use vinegar or baking soda (nothing is as green as that). I also have the greenworks all purpose cleaner and dish soap.

·
Registered
201 Posts
CNN did a poll on "green" products, Greenworks did not rate so good, I think it had something to do with the chemicals used for color and fragrance. I also like their all purpose cleaner!

·
Registered
7,129 Posts
I haven't seen those Arm and Hammer thingies, either.

The only thing I can't give up is my toilet bowl cleaner. I like the ones with bleach that squirt all the way around the bowl. I guess I should just switch to vinegar, though.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts