Just Labradors banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
28,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With daylight savings upon us, I wondered how some of you use those extra hours of light at the end of the day.

For me, I'm always so happy to have 2nd "outs" with the dogs after dinner. More retrieves for Seamus and Flynn and more airing out for the little guys. It's such a nice way to end the day. Until late July and August heat becomes too oppressive (Oklahoma) we take full advantage of the evening daylight.

Next...

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
As I said in the other thread, it's so much easier to do 3 dog walks after work without having to rush each of them!! Other than that, hang out on the deck as long as possible and just breathe in the spring air. I can almost smell the flowers from my sidewalk garden. :)

·
Registered
7,664 Posts
We hang out in the backyard after dinner and enjoy the extra outdoor play time with Sunny D.

·
Registered
6,548 Posts
We will be walking, walking, walking. We keep looking at Kacey and marveling at how tubby she seems to have gotten. I'm afraid what the vet will say when we take her in for her annual on Monday!

Riley will get to ride his bike and play basketball in the driveway. bump, bump, bump. =)

·
Registered
2,697 Posts
Walking the dog and the kid. Going to the dog park. Riding bicycle. Playing kickball with the kids on the street. Sitting outside with an adult beverage.

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
More time outdoors for the kids means a little more peace for me. They can go stir crazy in the house if they dont get enough exercise, just like dogs do! LOL!

·
Registered
16,472 Posts
We don't have dst :(

I don't like it, because instead of being 5 hours behind the East Coast, we'll be 6 hours.

·
Registered
2,811 Posts
Yup, dog walkies/outings, too. It's hard for me to actually get to take Phoebers out at the end of the day when it gets dark quickly. It will be nice to have the extra time to be out after dinner. :)

·
Registered
13,489 Posts
More doggie play time and walk in the woods time. I also like it to be light in the morning though, cause I can get them for a walk at 6AM before work. That helps when it starts getting to hot later on.

·
Registered
10,257 Posts
Walk. Jog. BBQ. Basketball w/the girls out front. Sit on the front step and watch the sun go down. Summers, we'll go to the pool when it's really roasty after dinner.

I love having extra hours of sunlight. Working dawn -til- dark makes it seem like... well... like you've worked dawn -til- dark.

DST makes me feel more alive. I think I have seasonal affective disorder. Winter blahs hit me really hard.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts