Just Labradors banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got some of my own! Please pardon the dirty siding... I've just moved and I've yet to do anything about that...

http://www.kelley.nu/birds/large.JPG

Mourning Doves? They are so quiet that I've never even heard the little ones make any kind of a sound. Does anyone know how old these might be? I want to actually put something pretty in the hanging pot, but I can't while they live there, of course. Cute, though! And it's nice to have some company when I sit on the porch, even if it is birds that don't make a sound.

Oh... I guess I should re-introduce myself. I'm Kelley. {waves} :) I've been here before, a long long time ago, but have been busy with work, school, and buying this house. I plan to get my labby soon! After vacation in July. I'm still debating whether to try to find a rescue, or if I should get a puppy. I'm leaning towards a puppy, but I'd not turn down the right rescue (central Kansas if anyone should have any info on rescue efforts in this area - I never see anything here for labs for some reason).

Anyway, anyone have any info on these birds and when they might vacate my plant? :)

·
Registered
13,529 Posts
Hi Kelley! Welcome to our nutty forum! I love your avatar, that is one of my all time favorite movies. I don't know a whole lot about mourning doves, other than that cool noise they make, and that their nests are perfectly flat, and it's typically a small miracle the babies don't just roll off the sides.

Other then that, I'm not much help at all.

·
Registered
4,802 Posts
I remember you!

Welcome back. I don't know what my sn was when you were here. Either Jenn In CT or Momma to Jacob and Althea. Either way, its good to "see" you. :)

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
TangerineFizz - Thanks for the welcome! :) I saw the movie at the store not too long ago and had to buy it.

They make the cooing sound from time to time, but if they know for sure I am home, they don't really make too much noise. I think by now they know I'm not out to hurt them, but I'm sure they don't feel comfortable having their nest in such close proximity to people.

Thanks, though! :)

Momma to J and A - Thanks! :) Jenn In CT looks familiar. I know the forum has undergone a lot of changes and I'm excited to go exploring and spend hours reading all of the posts.

Thanks again! It is good to be back. :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts