Just Labradors banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Administrator
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm working on a solution for our spam problem. I have yet to find a good plugin. We can consider adding a moderator or two to delete these posts as a possible solution. Let me know if anyone has other suggestions.

Still working on getting the forum optimized. Will add new features and sub-forums here in the next few weeks. Things are kinda busy with work right now.

Thanks,

Daniel
Site Admin

·
Registered
8,472 Posts
Aren't there some infinitely changing visual cryptographic "passwords" that each poster would have to use/enter in order to make a post? Several forums I use use require these which seem to defeat these "bot", "pirate" posts.

I'd not wish to be -- but wouldn't reject (if no other temporary alternatives were available) -- being a moderator whose SOLE purpose was to eliminate pirate posts.

BUT I'd much rather the whole board and its subboards wouldn't HAVE TO BE policed and that these pirate posts could be eliminated (or severely curtailed) by means other than a moderator's judgment and actions. That would be ONLY a temporary working solution.

In the long run, putting this into hands of (a) moderator(s) will create severe problems (as has already occurred EVERY time in the past wih JL forums).

How many times do we have to demonstate/prove this to get it learned?

·
Registered
4,824 Posts
Daniel, thanks for all your hard work on this.

I wouldn't have an issue with having a mod or two, as long as it is clear their SOLE function is to delete spam/bot posts. They would not & should not have any authority to delete other posts, like the ones that get snarky and out of control.

·
Registered
10,257 Posts
OMG - BOB AS MOD?!?!?!?!

He'd have me banished the first day.......

I say stick to the electronic options. Even if they take a li'l time to install.

·
Registered Users
10,466 Posts
OMG -I say stick to the electronic options. Even if they take a li'l time to install.
Didn't you see 2001-A space odyssey? Remember how HAL took over the ship? Do you really want to entrust JL to "electronic options"? :eek:

I dunno, might be a good idea to have a trained psychiatrist on staff here
Hey, I'm a self taught back yard psychiatrist. This place is my training ground! :D

·
Registered Users
10,466 Posts
And as is always the case, the OP gets completely derailed. Now all it needs is for Lisa to come along & it will be a total train wreck. Good work you guys. :D

Sorry Daniel! :eek:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts