Just Labradors banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
29,548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have a large beach ball they don't want? Our summer stuff is gone and I need one to spook Toby with. I think I found the last pool noodle in MI. lol

·
Registered
23,457 Posts
Go to the dollar stores! I just saw the noodles at one of the stores around here last week. Sometimes they have blow-up balls in packages on the wall witht he toys.

·
Registered
8,376 Posts
with spring starting in 5 weeks here Laura they are out in an abundance in our stores. If you want an Australian noodle just let me know.. bwahahah

·
Registered
4,543 Posts
I do not know where to get one, but I was watching RFD last night and they had a cool program on about spooking a horse with a big ball and teaching the horse how to chase it to gain confidence

·
Registered
4,485 Posts
I think I have a deflated beach ball at home; if I did not toss it. Remind me on F/B, and I will check tonight.

·
Registered
6,054 Posts
No beach ball, but have you considered what we called a "monster on a stick?" Tie a plastic grocery bag to the end of a whip or crop.
Another thing to use would be an umbrella.
When I was around the mounted police force here in my city, they used to use umbrellas, large plastic bags filled with empty cans, and blankets and tarps on the ground to help "bomb proof" their horses.

·
Registered
29,548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
No beach ball, but have you considered what we called a "monster on a stick?" Tie a plastic grocery bag to the end of a whip or crop.
Another thing to use would be an umbrella.
When I was around the mounted police force here in my city, they used to use umbrellas, large plastic bags filled with empty cans, and blankets and tarps on the ground to help "bomb proof" their horses.
Done all that already. He's at the yawning stage with plastic bags and umbrellas. :) He's fine with tarps too.

I found a deflated foil balloon in the pasture today and it became a sack out object. He didn't like it much, but after a few times, he stood firm. I need to find someone to rattle stuff and make noises behind him for me now.

·
Registered
29,548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The ball has to be something I can toss at him with one hand since I train alone. That's why I thought a beach ball. Plus if it hits him, it won't hurt him. Most of those big exercise balls are too much for me to use with one hand and by myself.

·
Registered
23,457 Posts
Done all that already. He's at the yawning stage with plastic bags and umbrellas. :) He's fine with tarps too.

I found a deflated foil balloon in the pasture today and it became a sack out object. He didn't like it much, but after a few times, he stood firm. I need to find someone to rattle stuff and make noises behind him for me now.
I'd come help! Haven't heard back from the dental clinic. :( I called there on Friday, the woman who is doing the hiring was not in so I left a message asking to have her call me and let me know the status of the position. Still no call. So - I'm still free.

·
Registered
16,679 Posts
Still looking?! I have a medium sized one I can send up to ya. I'm getting ready to head out to the UPS store so I can pick up a padded mailer while I'm there.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts