1 - 20 of 102 Posts

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Haven't gotten over this , sorry.
There is no place for seal pups to hide from the hunt. Help end this cru
Dear sue,

As you read this, the commercial seal hunt in the northern Gulf of St. Lawrence is moving northeast of Newfoundland, where sealers will kill 70 percent of the 270,000 seals the Canadian government is allowing this year.

The grisly images captured by the ProtectSeals team these last few days have brought home how horrible this hunt really is. So many of the pups who were clubbed or shot were almost entirely covered with white fur, meaning they were just a couple of weeks old.

The world has watched as the sealers raised their clubs and the pups turned and made a pathetic stand, rearing their small heads back and crying. But the clubs smashed down each and every time.

There is nothing about this hunt that is humane.

·
Registered
3,782 Posts
Nothing is humane when there is killing involved. I think its bad too but then again I think they are so cute. I believe they know what they are doing. I remember a few years ago when they had to have a deer hunt on one of the military bases here. Hunters where coming from everywhere.

·
Registered
4,802 Posts
Do you eat cow and chicken? Do you get organic, local, free range/grass fed, or do you go to Krogers and buy what is on sale?

·
Registered
5,788 Posts
No, you just close your eyes and buy the result at the supermarket.

When every single slaughterhouse in North America adopts humane slaughter practices, when all the factory farms are closed, THEN talk to us about the seal hunt.

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well you know ther Humane society has worked hard for horses and they can no longer be slaughtered to feed Europeans. That I am grateful for.NO, I don't close my eyes. I wish all slaughter houses were closed. I hate meat!

·
Registered
13,418 Posts
Well not being a hypocrite I personally clubbed my rib eye last week. Yummmm...

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Who said I eat meat??????????????? You folks are REALLY funny. Thought you were all animal lovers. Guess I am wrong!

·
Registered
4,802 Posts
susieqpa said:
Yeah but I don't go out and club innocent babies. Watch the video http://multimedia.hsus.org/specials/seal_hunt_2007/small.html
Do you live in the US? Are you aware of the horrific conditions that cattle, chickens and pigs are kept in their entire lives? Are you actively working to make a difference in their lives? Perhaps you should focus on something in your own backyard before you work against the native hunting rights of indigenous peoples in another country.

·
Registered
4,802 Posts
susieqpa said:
Who said I eat meat??????????????? You folks are REALLY funny. Thought you were all animal lovers. Guess I am wrong!
LOL YOU said you did!

I asked, "do you eat cow and chicken" and you said, "yeah, but I don't go out and club innocent babies."
That sounds like a resounding "yes" to the question, do you eat cow and chicken.

G

·
I have a question though, is it like hunting deer, if the seal is still in white fur or coat whatever you call it, arent they like protected? You can not shoot a deer that has spots, you can get in BIG trouble for that.

I am just asking a simple question. Thanks

·
Registered
13,418 Posts

·
Registered
9,629 Posts
susieqpa said:
You are wrong on so many levels...where to begin!

any leather in your house, animal products. Do you patronize any businesses that use/sell animals or animal derived products? Nothing leaves a bad taste in my mouth like a hypocrite.

Oh wait, ignorance does as well.
your 'info' is nothing but extremist propaganda ::)

1 - 20 of 102 Posts