Just Labradors banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As some of you might know- my oldest son, Joey, is disabled with Cerebal Palsy. He is the joy of our lives - a bit of a handful sometimes but given his disability is really a kind soul. Today is his 28th birthday and he was given a gift a little bit early. He has worked for Goodwill for 5 years now and they have asked him to be the cover story for next months company magazine !! Last Friday, he had a photo shoot with photograhers at the local rec center. Joe plays basketball for Special Olympics and has now for over 8 years. He is quite the athlete given his physical problems. Anyway, that was alot of fun.

Now for the really great part- He is going to have his picture on the side of the Goodwill delivery trucks !!! This is a real hoot...we will see him driving down road. Not sure if it will be all over but if it is look for a smiling blonde headed young man with a HUGE smile on his face. That's our Joey !!!

Thanks for letting me brag a bit.

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
I just dropped some stuff at Goodwill this weekend. Maybe he was one of the guys.

·
Registered
6,114 Posts
How cool is that? And Happy Birthday to Joey, too.

·
Registered
5,276 Posts
Congrats and happy birthday Joey!

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
he works at the outlet store/donation center on tv hwy. He works in the books area where they put books on the internet to sell. and he is very lucky and doesn't work week ends. they absolutely love him at work.

·
Registered
2,695 Posts
How cool. I would brag too.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.