Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
16,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The lady did a good job, but she was a little rough. I woke up this morning and my left eyelid was swollen and I have this red spot (almost a line) going across part of it, and holy shiznit does it hurt!!!! I can't even blink w/o wanting to cry

I called and complained and they are going to send me a coupon for a free waxing next time, but that doesn't help my poor sore eye :'(

·
Registered
3,575 Posts
Re: Sooo i got my eyebrows waxed yesterday and my eye is swollen today

Ouch. I had my lip waxed once. Will never do again and when she pulled the strip it took part of my skin off too. Man it hurt and I was mad to find out it was her first wax. Hope you feel better.

·
Registered
16,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

ouchies laura!!

thanks for the ice tip...i've been putting a cool wash cloth on it but ice seems like it might help more

·
Registered
2,653 Posts

just don't do it too long! ten minutes on, ten off- that seemed to really help! i went to easter the next day at my boyfriend's parents' house and they thought i'd been drinking all night!

·
Registered
16,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

I took pictures, but my computer is being a meanie and won't let me post them :(

Only I would think to take pictures of my swollen eyelids lol

·
Registered
16,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

:(

it's purdy yucky and the bruises hurt!!

·
Registered
3,193 Posts
Ouch! I hope you feel better soon. Perhaps you should do a warm saline compress to draw any fluid out and to help sterilize the hair follicles to avoid infection.

It is nice that they gave you a coupon, but its not as if you will even want to go back there after this!

·
Registered
16,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Will that irritate the little cut though or will it just hurt for a minute? I'm such a big baby lol

·
Registered
3,193 Posts
If you make it as a saline solution (1 tsp of salt for every gallon of water), it won't be very painful...the salt is diluted. Make the water as hot as bearable. I usually microwave it to boiling, let it cool until tolerable, and then make the compress with that. Really, I would imagine you would feel the heat more than the salt. It really helps, and even if it stings a little bit, in the long run it will be worth it! ;)

·
Registered
16,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I feel doctory and such now :p I went downstairs and my mom and i had a conversation like this

Me: *goes in kitchen to get a pitcher for water and some salt*

Mom: "what in the hell are you doing?!"

Me: making a saline solution

Mom: what do you think this is grey's anatomy?!

Me: possibly *mixing salt into warm water*

Mom: *staring at me from the living room*

Me: *soaks wash cloth in solution* Leave me alone, I need to get this on my eye stat!

Mom: ::) whatever just clean up your mess

·
Registered
5,082 Posts
Re: Sooo i got my eyebrows waxed yesterday and my eye is swollen today (pics add

Ouch Stacey! Looks like she didn't have much spa chairside manner! Hope Cadey's solution helps.

·
Registered
16,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yes it is Allie :p

It reminds me that something good came from the pain lol

·
Registered
16,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
haha!!!

they're up a few replies Jenn...I think in reply #6.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Hi Hon! Here's what happened (I know because it has happened to me... only worse believe it or not!)... Your skin was pulled off with the wax!!! So you have a bruise and lasceration of sorts. Ice will help, but you need to get some ointment, like what you use on blisters (not neosporin though... you need the good bacteria)... the kind we have is called Aquaphor. Any compounding pharmacy will have it - or if you can't find that, use good ole vaseline! It will heal it quicker than anything.

Do you use anything like retinol on your face? If so, that's what caused it. If not, you're just really sensitive and they need to put powder (like baby powder) on your skin before they put the wax on - and they need to use wax for "sensitive skin".

I'm SO sorry! You should have seen me when both of my eyes had two huge lines across them - AND I had what looked like a Hitler mustache from the lines across the top of my lips!!! :p It WASN'T pretty!

·
Registered
16,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
:p ouch indeed, but this saline compress is helping a lot.

You should see the freckles in the summer when my face gets tan :eek: they really pop then

1 - 20 of 34 Posts