Just Labradors banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
11,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is what I was thinking tonight when I was in the yard with my poop-eating labs, carrying a garbage bag and a pooper scooper, wearing a headlamp, and trying to outrun a lab in gardening clogs (me, not the lab ;)) to a loose piece of poop so he wouldn't get it. Oh the indignity of it all.....

·
Registered
13,529 Posts
Oooh!! I could use a head lamp!!

And yes, I'm right there with you. There is no dignity at all sometimes....

·
Registered
11,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oooh!! I could use a head lamp!!
Yes they are very helpful. Good for night walks and for other, well, you know what I'm talking about. ;)

·
Registered
5,915 Posts
i go out in my bathrobe and bed hair to give the doggies their morning potty break.
i stand out there saying, go potty, go potty... good potty! that's a good potty! good poop!
clearly, i don't care what the neighbor's think.

·
Registered
609 Posts
LOL. Mine aren't into poop eating unless it is something elses. VBG

I heard a comedian once who had a speel about,

"If aliens came to Earth they wouldn't think humans were in control, they would think it was dogs because who is picking up whose poop."

;D

·
Registered
3,110 Posts
;D ;D ;D ;D HaaaHaaa

What a great description....I can just visualize the whole scene ;D

·
Registered
549 Posts
I just put the poop bucket under them so it doesn't hit the ground. Tally likes it fresh from the source so if I'm not there, she is licking at it as it comes out YUK!!!! Can you imagine a lady in a housecoat and in Crocks fighting for position (with Tally) and sticking a bucket under a dog's bum at 11pM? What don't we do for our dogs?
Pat

·
Registered
12,586 Posts
They can be very humbling, I agree. :D

·
Registered
10,345 Posts
Oh yeah! I never thought I would be so interested in how firm a poop was either....or what color...whats in it...yadda yadda yadda....

·
Registered
4,020 Posts
luke from georgia said:
i go out in my bathrobe and bed hair to give the doggies their morning potty break.
i stand out there saying, go potty, go potty... good potty! that's a good potty! good poop!
clearly, i don't care what the neighbor's think.
When I stand out doing my potty chant as my dh calls it my neighbor tells me she sends her pup out because he always goes when I'm chanting!

·
Registered
11,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ah, the potty chant. I usually don't have to do that anymore for the labs. They go right to their business. Blackie however... well let's just say a lady can't be rushed. We must find just the right spot, you see. The labs are serial poopers. They start in one spot and use at least 3 before they're done, hence the racing down the lab.

The morning potty break is always done with bed hair and perhaps the pajama top. I have a pair of old jeans that I keep handy so I do change into before facing the morning routine. :)

·
Registered
10,664 Posts
Thank God my immediate neighbors are dog owners! We have been out in some strange outfits.

Our backyard neighbor has an 18 week old Lab mix and at first she was nervous about being seen outside in sweats with bad hair. She soon realized there was no dress code at o'dark-thirty. Jesse (neighbor) was chatting away with SU both were wearing robes and winter boots. Sorry no pics all evidence was destroyed.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts