Just Labradors banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just adopted a new lab. He's about 1.5 years old and is a wonderfull black lab. He still has a little of his puppy energy and troublemaker in him. On Sunday the babysitter accidentally let him out and he made the most of it. He swam through a small swamp, rolled around in something nasty and got in a wrestling match with a porcupine. When I got home I pulled all the quills out and gave him a hose bath outside, though I feel bad as the water was so cold he was shivering when it was done. We went to bed for the night shortly after.

Yesterday I noticed he didnt want to sit, flinching and standing every time he tried. Also his tail isnt wagging at all, it just hangs down behind his body. It does seem to hang a little weird, but I've had this dog for less then a wekk, so its hard to compare to anything i would reference as "normal" as his tail has always been wagging.

Thinking I must have missed a quill I did a close inspection. Aside from a little flinching and some fervent licking to try to get me to leave his tail alone I found nothing wrong. No quills, no cuts, not bumps, no noticable swelling.

Anyone have any ideas what might be wrong? If possible I would like to avoid another vet trip as I just spent a ton of money between the dog, his fence, all the supplies and the vet visit for his initial check-up and shots.

Thanks.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
He seems to be a little better this morning, though still not all better.

are there exercises we can do to help strengthen his tail, or make it less prone to this problem?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.