Just Labradors banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
9,226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
something really smells in my fridge *found it*

When I could smell the odor from upstairs, I knew I couldn't wait any longer...
left over kidney beans in the waaay back...((hurk))

but I can't find where the offending odor is coming from?

no long overdue leftovers...nothing moldy....cauliflower (which I thought might be the culprit) is still fresh...

eewwww...
:confused:

·
Registered
7,129 Posts
Oh no! Ewwwwww. Maybe just putting a box of baking soda in there will help?

·
Registered
3,898 Posts
Maybe under the fridge? Baking soda is a good idea, but I think I would clean the whole friggin inside out first. ick...that is a job I HATE doing.

·
Registered
10,307 Posts
Maybe under the fridge? Baking soda is a good idea, but I think I would clean the whole friggin inside out first. ick...that is a job I HATE doing.
Yep! If there is a stink, there is a source. Step 1: Empty the frig. Everything comes out. You might want to have the Labs in a different room, or outside. Odds are that you will find the source before you finish emptying it.

There is no official Step 2. It will become obvious.

·
Registered
9,226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yep, I going to have to pull everything out. Just don't feel like doing it with too many other projects going on today.
I will have to live with the smell one more day. or maybe SU will be motivated to investigate? not likely.

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
Something in the bottom of the crisper? I always lose little baggies of cucumbers. onion, tomatoes and such and before I know it -stinkville!

Good luck!!

·
Registered
4,737 Posts
I once saw on a program crushing some coffee grains in kitchen towel and keeping it at bottom of fridge will keep it smelly nice, also lemon in a dish of water

·
Registered
454 Posts
I lost a little bag of basil down the back of the veggie crisper once. It turned into black water and smelled really bad, took me ages to find it.

Also I think if your fridge is really old the gas can leak into it and cause a smell so if there's no source evident when you clean it out it might be time to have it checked over.

·
Registered
4,543 Posts
How about the drainage pan under the fridge?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.