Just Labradors banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its 9:20 this morning and thers not a sound in my house other than the computer.
But the dogs are into trouble they are asleep!  I didn't plan nap time for another 2 hours!

Dakota doesn't feel good. Shes got diarrhea really really bad. THATS why we had to get up at 3 this morning. Poor girl. she will do this every now and again but this time she didn't eat the cat food. Unless it lasts for more than a few days the vet will just till me to give her Cheerios. So i guess we need to go buy Cheerios! :-\

·
Registered
468 Posts
LabMommyKathryn said:
Unless it lasts for more than a few days the vet will just till me to give her Cheerios.  So i guess we need to go buy Cheerios!   :-\
Wow never heard to give Cheerios before. I will have to ask my vet about that one!

·
Registered
9,503 Posts
Awww...poor thing. Never heard the Cheerios thing. I just always do boiled rice and chicken after a little fasting time.

What is the purpose of the cheerios?

Hope everything is ok soon

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Dr. Horsh told me last time to add a small amount of the cherrios to her food. I have to go to the store and get chicken for her.
When she was sick a few months ago we did chicken rice and cherrios and since she wouldn't eat the rice she told me to just give her a little more cherrios.

I hope she feel better soon. Shes just been so sweet today sleeping ON my lap!

Thank you ever one Ill let her know your well wishes!

·
Registered
82 Posts
Jake says feel better soon....he knows what it is like to have diarrrhea and it doesn't feel good. (Jake gets it every once in a while for no reason also but it only lasts a couple days)

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Dakota feels much better. She got her Cherrios! Her poop is still VERY soft but is much better than it was!

·
Registered
8,070 Posts
Glad she is doing better!

CoCo had diarrhea last night too... On Saturday she got into my boss's dog's food at the pig roast plus was fed some roast pork, and on Sunday she was eating these berries that fell from the trees in my in-laws back yard... so her stomach was in for it! I'm surprised it didn't hit her until last night. If it keeps up, we'll try the chicken, rice and Cheerios!

·
Registered
229 Posts
I think its going around. My dog spent last week with it, but she was throwing up too, ocassionally. I felt bad for her because she was crated. We cut back on food and everything to help slow it, but nothing seemed to work. I think shes back to normal now, but it had us worried. Other friends of ours complained their dogs had the same issue, but they don't play together... She ended up taking hers to the vet...

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
CoCosMom said:
Glad she is doing better!

CoCo had diarrhea last night too... On Saturday she got into my boss's dog's food at the pig roast plus was fed some roast pork, and on Sunday she was eating these berries that fell from the trees in my in-laws back yard... so her stomach was in for it!  I'm surprised it didn't hit her until last night.  If it keeps up, we'll try the chicken, rice and Cheerios!
brianttu said:
I think its going around. My dog spent last week with it, but she was throwing up too, ocassionally. I felt bad for her because she was crated. We cut back on food and everything to help slow it, but nothing seemed to work. I think shes back to normal now, but it had us worried. Other friends of ours complained their dogs had the same issue, but they don't play together... She ended up taking hers to the vet...
I hope both of your puppers feel better soon!!!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts