1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
29,548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Life is too short to wake up in the morning with regrets
So love the people who treat your right
Forget about the ones who don’t
And believe that everything happens for a reason.

If you get a chance, take it
If it changes your life, let it

Nobody said that it would be easy
They just promised it would be worth it.

·
Registered
2,825 Posts
I like that, Laura. I always tell my kids....anything that is worth something takes a lot of hard work. It's good to be reminded. :)

·
Registered
22,832 Posts
I like that Laura. The older I get the easier it is to stay away from people who "aggravate" me. I mean some friends (??) who can not understand why my dogs come first in my life.

I think this is along the same lines...."We only go around once, make the most of it." :)

·
Registered
29,548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I understand Georgie. I have "cleaned out" my friends. :) I'd rather be friendless than deal with the constant BS.

·
Registered
4,075 Posts
labby said:
I have "cleaned out" my friends. :) I'd rather be friendless than deal with the constant BS.
I have doe the same thing, and have the same philosophy

·
Registered
4,075 Posts

·
Registered
22,832 Posts
Not older Laura....just wiser!! :)

I "lost" some friends, by my choice, when I was laughed at for giving up a trip to Aruba when we got Molly. She only would have been home a week & we would have to leave. My "friends" thought I was nuts and did not hesitate to tell everyone about it. My breeder would have kept her for that week but I did not want that. Why can't people understand or if the don't....then just keep their mouths shut.
I also take my girls to the beach, I truly enjoy going with them. I see the eyes roll when I say that. I'm sure I am the "butt" of jokes, but I really don't care anymore. I don't need people like that in my life. I find myself being friends with people in our lab club or other "dog people" who understand when I don't do things because of my labs.

Which proves the saying..."The more people I get to know...the more I love my dog." ;D

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
I was so glad to read that post and read the comments -- I, too, find that I just don't have time for people who bring me down and annoy the living daylights out of me. I guess it does come with age. You come to realize what truly brings you joy and you really do pick and choose who you want that joy to be shared with. There is too much in life we "have to do." The time that is ours -- it's up to us how we want to spend it and who we want to spend it with. I was starting to think I was being selfish, but you all have helped me see that that is not the case. I like spending time in the park with Haylee and my other "dog friends". I love baseball and concerts. I love movies and taking walks and I can count on one hand who I enjoy doing those things with. Thanks guys. Have a great weekend. Go A's!!!

·
Registered
16,472 Posts
:)

What Georgie said in her last reply...

Most of our friends now are lab people.

·
Registered
3,174 Posts
With everything that has gone on in our family life the past 3 years this says it all.

Matt lives by this. No regrets, everything happens for a reason, if you get a chance take it. Nobody said that it would be easy. They just promised it would be worth it. I don't think he would have made it through the bone marrow transplant like he did with out feeling this way!

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
"And believe that everything happens for a reason."

I've had that way of thinking for 11yrs - one day at a time

"Nobody said that it would be easy
They just promised it would be worth it."

so true -- the easy way isn't always/usually the better way

thanks laura ;D

1 - 20 of 29 Posts