Just Labradors banner
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't stand to watch Oprah anymore, but I love that I can go online the next day and read an entire segment. :) Elizabeth Edwards was on to promote her new book (why?! I don't get that at all, but anyway...). I love this :

"I blame John, but also, women need to have more respect for other women," she says. "It takes a lot of work to put together a marriage, to put together a family and a home. … You have to have enough respect for other human beings to leave their lives alone. If you admire that life, build it for yourself. Don't just try to come in and take somebody else's life."

Perfectly said! :)

·
Registered
23,457 Posts
Since Oprah denounced Jesus and started her own church, I will not watch her show or in any way add to her riches. Oprah's power and money have gone to her head.

·
Registered
2,697 Posts
Since Oprah denounced Jesus and started her own church, I will not watch her show or in any way add to her riches. Oprah's power and money have gone to her head.

Man, I completely missed that episode.

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Since Oprah denounced Jesus and started her own church,
WHAT?! She did?! I missed that one. Holy.... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
23,457 Posts
WHAT?! She did?! I missed that one. Holy.... :rolleyes:
Google 'Church of Oprah' and watch some of the YouTube clips of the show. She says there is more than one way to live your life and you don't have to go through Jesus to be saved.

·
Registered
11,990 Posts

I would think that would be a major story if it really happened - can you substantiate this?

·
Registered
2,697 Posts

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Jackie, are there actually YouTube clips of her saying those things? She was serious?!

·
Registered
23,457 Posts
Jackie, are there actually YouTube clips of her saying those things? She was serious?!
YES - seriously. This was a while ago, and she has her own "church" that follows the teachings of some writer she likes, Eckhart Tolle, and his book "A New Earth."

·
Registered
4,485 Posts
Dr. Oz has been on one of the morning shows a lot lately.

I don't care much for Oprah any more but she does have some good guests.

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I love Dr. Oz!!! I hope he does leave her....

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
Oprah is a powerful woman and I admire that...she started at the bottom and worked hard to get where she is.

Back to Edwards, it is great she said that but there is always that woman waiting around for something to happen to them and if it is your husband that strays I would blame him not the other woman.

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
She blamed him...the first 3 words in that quote. :)

·
Registered
10,257 Posts
Wait, Oprah is claiming to be bigger than Jesus??

Color me shocked.

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Heh heh, Dan...I was waiting for you to chime in. I know how much you love her. :D

1 - 20 of 55 Posts