Just Labradors banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A little over a week ago, I started leaving Barney uncrated when I am not home. Since then, he has seemed a bit calmer. Plus, and this is my fault really, when I would get home, I let them both jump on me. Admittedly I was as glad to see them as they were me. SO I have been working on getting them to not jump up when I get home. Then I give the affection.

Maybe it is just my imagination, but Barney does seem a little more relaxed than when he was crated during the day. They are both really big goobers still! lol

·
Registered
23,457 Posts
That's wonderful, Guy! Barney may be happier to be out with Tal now, instead of crated, and they may even be playing a little.

·
Registered
28,830 Posts
Standing ovation on that training, Guy.
I can imagine Barney's thought bubble: (nod to Pedigree TV ad)

"I am a good dog and I just want to be left out of this crate."

:) :)

·
Registered
10,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Standing ovation on that training, Guy.
I can imagine Barney's thought bubble: (nod to Pedigree TV ad)

"I am a good dog and I just want to be left out of this crate."

:) :)

That cracked me up!

I now have three little black furballs come to the back door when I get home! I think they are like the one that says I really, really missed you! lol.

I had not thought of him being happy to be out with Tal, but that makes sense. I always try to make sure I set them up for success. That's why I waited until I could leave Barney uncrated for increasing amounts of time. I did that with Tal also and it has worked for them both!

·
Registered
4,176 Posts
He's probably using more energy (being good) during the day, which is why he's calmer. I'm happy for you (and him) that he's such a good pup. Atta boy Barney!

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
Way to go Barney! Good news!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts