Just Labradors banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
13,529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I`m on Johnny`s laptop and somehow I pressed something that makes my question mark, slash key do this é É

and my apostrophes are all backwards.

I need to fix it before he discovers it.

·
Registered
9,781 Posts
oh shiz.. my sister asked the same question 2 days ago.. i couldn't figure it out.. i had her check her keyboard settings and make sure they were set to english in the control panel.. it was all set correctly.. i never did figure out how to fix it.

·
Registered
13,529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Okay, so apparently if you press and hold shift/control down together too long (which must be what I did) it does that to your question mark button.

Holding the two down together again at the same time for longer then 10 seconds fixes it!!

Whoo hoo!! ???///???///???? FIXED!! yes! I don't get the ban stick from the el laptopo!

·
Registered
5,336 Posts
try hitting Control + the accent grave key.

Does that work?

Check the top of your computer...under the 'Edit' drop down menu, is there a 'special characters' option? Click around in there.

Then, try hitting 'shift' and '?'--twice, in quick succession.

If that doesn't work, try a restart.

Bottom line--I think my IT department is out to lunch. Tee many martoonies. ;) IT also thinks it may be some sort of HTML code or *possibly* there might be a 4-digit keyboard code that you hit. But, what are the chances of you inadvertently hitting the EXACT 4 digit code???

sorry--no help.

·
Registered
13,529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Anne said:
try hitting Control + the accent grave key.

Does that work?

Check the top of your computer...under the 'Edit' drop down menu, is there a 'special characters' option? Click around in there.

Then, try hitting 'shift' and '?'--twice, in quick succession.

If that doesn't work, try a restart.

Bottom line--I think my IT department is out to lunch. Tee many martoonies. ;) IT also thinks it may be some sort of HTML code or *possibly* there might be a 4-digit keyboard code that you hit. But, what are the chances of you inadvertently hitting the EXACT 4 digit code???

sorry--no help.
sonofa!

Holy IT help from hell batman! That was awesome!! I'm sorry I figured it out before he could slur out the aide! Thanks for asking him Anne - now go drink a martini!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.