Just Labradors banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...how a person can get away with calling in sick at least once every other week, come in late constantly, leave whenever the hell they want (yesterday was 2 o'clock), leave for 2 hours to do errands, etc, etc, etc????????

I am fuming right now. :mad:

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: Some PLEASE explain to me...

Salaried position, great work thruput, valued employee.
:laugh: LOL yea that's it. :laugh: :laugh:

·
Registered
12,928 Posts

jzgrlduff said:
...how a person can get away with calling in sick at least once every other week, come in late constantly, leave whenever the hell they want (yesterday was 2 o'clock), leave for 2 hours to do errands, etc, etc, etc????????
Just remember; things are not always as they seem.........and yeh, what Stace said!

·
Registered
20,085 Posts

Never underestimate the power of a handful of jpegs from the office picnic, where the water balloon toss had some unexpected consequences viz a boss who likes to go commando and wear white running shorts.

·
Registered
13,489 Posts

The last job I worked at had a situation like that. There were three of us that worked for our particular boss. This one girl was always late, showed up half the time, didn't have her work done. Nothing was ever said. When raise time came, the boss actually told me that all three of us were getting the same raise. So I told him, fine, no more overtime for me, and if the works not done, too bad. You know what? He really didn't really f$%$%$%g care. Things went on like always. I left there shortly after that and I am so happy that I did.

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

and yeh, what Stace said!
Absolutely not. More like shitty work ethics and spineless boss.

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

Nah, he spends alot of time on live maps and radio station websites.

Oh wait, was I supposed to be stung by that statement? :laugh:

·
Registered
23,457 Posts

jzgrlduff said:
and yeh, what Stace said!
Absolutely not. More like shitty work ethics and spineless boss.
Yup. There's one in my office - comes in late every day; runs errands during lunch then eats lunch on company time; takes extra long breaks and more than two breaks a day; is always on the phone with her boyfriend, boyfriend's son or brother, her sisters, mother, friends, or kids, and goes into the cafeteria to talk on her cell phone for privacy. Her boss is out of the office a lot so he doesn't see most of it, but when he is in, he never says a word to her.

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

Oh, and I was wrong, he didn't call in sick today. He im'd me before that he's got a leaky roof. :whistle:

·
Registered
9,629 Posts

Not trying to pick on you, Amy, but anything that takes you from work, be it an extra long lunch, posting on a message board, or skipping out 1/2 hour early really equates to the same thing... stealing time from your employer. Bosses aren't stupid, they see/know what is going on. If your co-owrker still has his job, there must be some reason for it. Anyway, I know it gets under your skin to see a co-worker appear to not be pulling their weight.

*back to my spreadsheet :gum:*

·
Registered
12,170 Posts

If you worked with me, you'd probably say the same things. But what you don't see is that when I'm out of the office I'm often on site visits. I leave at 2PM every day, but then I'm in the office at 6AM every morning. I often work at home in the evenings, so a 12 hour day is pretty common for me. I'm a hard worker and with that comes a lot of flexibility from my boss. It could be that you aren't seeing the whole story.

·
Registered
6,114 Posts
Sometimes it's just easier to put up with the devil you know than try to hire and retrain for the same position.

As an employer, I can tell you that we put up with a lot more crap from people we basically like as humans than we do from folks we don't really like on a personal level. Not fair, but it happens.

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I know, I know, I'm just venting.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.