Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
10,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to be in a really REALLY pissed-off mood.

I'm about to write to Comcast about crummy customer serice. I wanted to reach through the phone and shake the STOOPID CSRep and choke her (where's that IGNORANT button that Chester mentioned?).

We had to stop pmt on a Comcast check.

They zapped us a $25 fee for the returned check.

Okay. That sucks. But it's probably a pass-through charge.

I asked anyway if they would be willing to waive. Naive of me, I know, but considering how long we've been customers, I thought it was worth a shot.

Answer: NO!.

Then she makes the fatal mistake: "Sir, while I have you on the line, can I interest you in an upgrade to your service, FIOS... HD Box.... On-Demand... etc. etc."

I interrupted her: NO.

"Really, sir. Can I ask why?"

"YOU JUST FLATLY REFUSED TO CUT SOME SLACK FOR A CUSTOMER WHO HAS ALWAYS PAID ON TIME FOR YEARS AND YEARS, AND YOU HAVE THE GALL TO WONDER WHY I DON'T WANT MORE OF YOUR FRIGGIN SERVICES?!?!?!?!!?!?!?!"

<<<jams the Ignorant button repeatedly>>>

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Go over her head and call a higher up to get the fee waived. Sometimes it works.

·
Registered
13,418 Posts
she probably doesn't have the authority to waive your fee. as bets said, try a higher channel. i know it pissed you off, but her asking you about upgrades is probably something she's required to do whether it makes sense or not.

·
Registered
26,306 Posts
she probably doesn't have the authority to waive your fee. as bets said, try a higher channel. i know it pissed you off, but her asking you about upgrades is probably something she's required to do whether it makes sense or not.
true...like "would you like fries with that?":D

·
Registered
5,276 Posts
With Verizon coming in (possibly) Comcast should be very worried - I'll bet if you call and ask to speak to a supervisor they'll waive the fee Dan. I'd start by asking them to turn off your stuff, tell them you're switching to DirecTV, they have better prices and better customer service. Explain what happened, how long you've been a customer, your credit is excellent, etc.

I asked for the cheapest two-service package (cable and internet) when I moved last fall, turns out they signed me up for a $99/mo. plan when I found one on the internet two months later for $66/mo. I called, livid, and was told repeatedly "It's the same plan ma'am." Well, duh, but I want it for $33 less! I called and asked for a manager, told them my story and asked them to cancel my account. They gave me the difference back for the two months, signed me up for the cheaper plan, and all that OnDemand junk for free. Be firm, but polite - should work with a supervisor.

·
Registered
13,418 Posts
true...like "would you like fries with that?":D
exactly! she probably worries about losing her job to jkeeolruhj(call name jason) in guatemala who's willing to work for $3.75 and a chicken a week.

·
Registered
10,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Waived. Very nice phone call.

<<puts on cup>>

·
Registered
621 Posts
Forget it! Comcast SUCKS! I HATE THEM I HATE THEM I HATE THEM.

They have the worst customer service I have ever come across in any industry. They hire stupid contractors that don't speak English to do their work. You get put on hold forever - I have been on hold for over a half hour before. They charge a fortune and they provide crappy service.

They had to come out seven times (yes - that is right - SEVEN freaking times) just to get our cable and internet installed. And no, we don't live in a small town, we don't live out in the country, and we don't have any other unusual circumstances. It is a nightmare to call them and get help whenever we have a problem.

You know the worst thing they do? After getting put on hold for ages, you schedule someone to come out to your house to fix some problem. They give you a window of time where you have to be home. So you take off work to do this. Then they call before they come and if you don't answer your phone, THEY CANCEL THE **** WORK ORDER. I spent 15 minutes on the phone with some woman explaining to her that I don't take my cell phone into the bathroom with me while I am peeing and do you know what she said to me??? "Well, since you didn't answer your phone, the service rep cannot come to your house and you will have to reshedule."

I feel your pain - and I hate Comcast too.

·
Registered
11,079 Posts
Funny but at the bottom of my screen under similar threads is one by Dweck called "You won't have Dweck to kick around anymore......"

·
Registered
11,079 Posts
Besides, I'm middle age and probably have more insurance then you too
Why do I have a craving for Fried Green Tomatoes now?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts