Just Labradors banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a chance to go to Virginia Beach this summer for a week for free with my daughter and grandchildren. Condo is paid for, gas is paid for. All I have to do is buy my food. I can spend a whole week with the grandkids which I don't get to see that much. But I'm having second thoughts. Bet you can guess why? I will have a hard time leaving my dogs that long! As they get older, I'm having a harder time with this. I always go overnight on a weekend and last year I went to Germany, Florida the year before that for a week. But this time it just seems harder. Maybe it's because I've just had two close friends lose their dogs and my mom's dog is not well now either. I don't know, I think I'm worrying too much. Mine aren't that old.

·
Registered
10,636 Posts
YOU ARE CRAZY and I think you will regret not spending the time with the grandkids. You know how fast kids grow up. You said it yourself, your dogs are not that old. Don't miss this opportunity to spend such quality time with your daughter and grandkids! Some of our best times were the ones the grandparents shared with us as a family! GO make MEMORIES with them!
(you do have some place to leave the dogs?)

·
Registered
13,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, I know I will go, but I wish I could take them. They will be home with hubby, so no worries there. I do enjoy my grandkids so it will be fun. I guess I'm feeling melancholy today.

·
Registered
10,257 Posts
You stay w/the dogs. I'LL go!!

·
Registered
6,676 Posts
You're nuts.

·
Registered
5,276 Posts
These are your grandbabies!! GO!