Just Labradors banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6,676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, as I wait for the Chance pictures of his transport to his new home, I thought I would update you on a few other puppers we have had.

A year and a half ago, we rescued 6 labs from a local breeder who was unable to feed her dogs. We had to eventually put down 2 of the 6 but so far the other 4 adults are doing fine. Ginger was the fox red female with an eye problem that had a litter of 11 pups which eventually dwindled down to 4 because she was so malnurished. But she also took on 3 chocos from another mom who was so weak that she couldn't make it. :( Anyways, one of those survivors, Sherman, is now a full grown and handsome looking boy. He was up for a short period of time today and we enjoyed spending time with him!

Sherman as a tiny pup:

and Sherman now:

And some of you remember our recent foster, Sandy, that we brought up from Kansas after a couple of JLers cross posted her over here because her owner wanted to dump her at a shelter. Sandy was pretty much adopted before she even set a paw in Michigan and she's doing great and being spoiled rotten.

And finally, I posted about the three stooges coming on Friday from the guy who's 15 year old ***** whelped a litter and had these pups that he couldn't sell. They are 12 weeks old and cute...but one of the boys, Boomer (YM) is a huge whiner. ::) Otherwise, they have been enjoying being the crap out of each other...:D

This is Boomer:

This is Daisy:

And this is Jake:

That's it for me for now...I was supposed to go to Sterling Heights to see a friend today but my mom showed up and my neighbor left who was supposed to come and let the pups out....so...I am now hanging out with Rider, Drake, Maggie and the stooges.

·
Registered
7,781 Posts
So glad Sandy has found a loving home. And Sherman sure turned into a handsome fellow.
Hopefully the 3 stooges find a home soon.

·
Registered
5,788 Posts
sherman looks like a fox red version of debjen's Riley.. handsome big lunk!!

The puppies are too cute.. they must be running you ragged

·
Registered
9,226 Posts
Thanks for the update Dani.
Sherman is a big dude! He looks almost like he has some hound in him!
A 15 year old had a litter???? :(
the pups are adorable and will find wonderful homes thanks to you.

·
Registered
7,797 Posts
Great update! Sherman is houndish looking! What a cuty :) i just love his coloring (ginger was a similar shade as well if I remember correctly) can't believe they're all grown up. Any update on the chocos?

Sandy is too cute! What a lucky family to have her :)

Those puppers are looking good! too bad about the whining ;)

Great job Dani!

·
Registered
22,832 Posts
Thanks for the update. Wonderful pictures. Sherman is a big cutie. The puppers are so cute. I hope you find them forever homes soon. Sandy is so pretty......she looks spoiled. :)

·
Registered
6,676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
kaytris said:
You could say that. ;)

One puppy is fine...3 at a time is CRAZY.

·
Registered
13,529 Posts
Dani said:
kaytris said:
You could say that. ;)

One puppy is fine...3 at a time is CRAZY.
I just LOL'd out loud at the image of you chasing 3 puppers around the house. Sorry!!

They are all very sweet looking little creatures though, and it was very cool to see Sherman all grown up.

·
Registered
4,312 Posts
OMG...they are such little cuties :D...and of course looking full of energy ;)

Sherman and Sandy look like they have found wonderful forever homes ;D ;D

Thanks for updating us. I just love seeing their happy faces when they are home!!!

Great job!!!!!

·
Registered
5,788 Posts
I've fostered 2 different pairs of littermates... what a blast! First time I had to really keep on top of them as one was a terrible bully.. that was one pair I didn't mind seperating. Second time was Soph and her brother, that was a bit more 'normal'

It is really interesting watching the interaction, and seeing their personalities develop.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Great pics, Dani. Those pups are adorable, but I have a hunch your tongue will be hanging out very soon. ;D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts