Just Labradors banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11,362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, my dad is out of ICU and is home. He's been diagnosed with congestional heart failure. This kinda freaks me out because we have several family members who have died from this. And with my dad's cardiac history (he had a quintuple - yep, 5-way - bypass when he was 40...this does not bode well with me. But he says he feels fine and is glad to be out of the hospital. They want him to stay home from work for a week and go in for testing next week to see how the new meds are working, but things are looking up. We are heading up to Cape Cod to stay with him this weekend (my brother's been up there this week)

In other news, my MIL starts chemo soon. Not sure of when, but they put the pick line in yesterday. Poor thing. I feel so bad for her.

And no news on my SIL - we'll have to wait another week or so to see if she got pregnant. Cross your fingers!

Thanks everyone again for all your well wishes.

·
Registered
23,457 Posts
CHF can be managed for many years. My Dad had it the last 12 or so years of his life. As long as your Dad recognizes the signs when it recurs, and gets it taken care of, he'll be fine.

Continued prayers and good thoughts for Dad and the rest of the family.

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Prayers for all, Melis. :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts