Just Labradors banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8,752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all! :)

Henery has been eating prepackaged raw for almost a year now, and doing very well. :D I will, occasionally, feed him beef or venison raw meaty neckbones. He's had these before with no problems.

Last night I gave him one, and this morning he had a normal poo, but later today he's had 2 few soft-serve-ice-cream-poos (formed enough that I can pick up, but soft)... and it looks almost like the poo is covered in mucous?? He seems otherwise fine, running around, eating and drinking well, just mushy poos. Normally his poos after bones are hard!!

Do I just chalk it up to his tummy being off after this particular bone? Or should I be worried?

Thanks, in advance! :D

·
Registered
236 Posts
I'm pretty sure I've heard mucous is generally not normal, but someone who knows better can probably help you out. Riley gets soft stools somewhat often from things he eats, but I can't say I've seen mucous in or on them.

·
Registered
3,794 Posts
If I forget to give Caleb some digestive enzymes with his RMB that is what he gets, too. So, whenever he gets a RMB he gets his digestive enzyme.

·
Registered
8,752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If I forget to give Caleb some digestive enzymes with his RMB that is what he gets, too. So, whenever he gets a RMB he gets his digestive enzyme.
Ah ha! What kind of digestive enzymes do you give Caleb?

·
Registered
3,794 Posts
henrysmom said:
Ah ha! What kind of digestive enzymes do you give Caleb?
I use In Clover's Optagest. He does well on it. Better than Ark Natural's digestive enzyme.

·
Registered
8,752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Susan!

I'll have to see if I can find some!! :)

·
Registered
3,794 Posts
henrysmom said:
Thanks Susan!

I'll have to see if I can find some!! :)
In Clover might have a store locater on their website. If you can't find it close and really want some I could probably ship you some since I do carry it in my training center.

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
They may have been a bit large too and you just overfed him.
Mine will often get those stools after a good marrow bone feast.

·
Registered
8,752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah, it was a bigger bone! Thanks everyone! You've put my mind at ease! :D

Happy to report that poos today are normal! :)

Susan, I'll look online for the Optagest!

·
Registered
16,129 Posts
Yep, when Theo has eaten too much marrow we get the Mr. Softy dispenser effect.

Sort of makes sense--marrow is very rich. How do you feel after a big meal of French food, cream sauces, etc. ;)

·
Registered
8,752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
hehehe Nathan. You mean, like after the French Laundry? ;)

·
Registered
66 Posts
yeah, marrow is super rich...that happens to Webster too, when we give him a marrow. but boy does he ever think he's died and gone to heaven!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts