Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
21,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are your dogs allowed to play indoors ?

Do they play quietly ?

I have a very brave cat that is sleeping on the back of the settee while my two are thrashing around on the floor and sometimes on the settee too.

Mine are fairly good about keeping the noise down apart from the occaisional grunt though so it doesn't bother me.

I know that my friend ( who has two Labs ) won't tolerate playing in her house :-(

·
Registered
23,457 Posts
I let the boys play in the house. It can get dangerous when they butt-tuck, though, especially if you happen to be barefoot! :hurt: When Champ is too insistent on playing bitey-face and Buddy has to tell him to back off too many times, I will step in and use Laura's famous line: "KNOCK IT OFF!" But rough-housing and play, yes, I allow that. We don't have a fenced yard for them to go out and let off steam, so they have to do something!

·
Registered
6,666 Posts
Mine play in the house, but it they are getting especially rowdy then we open the door so they can run to the back yard. We play more with Sam than Bodie does though, Bodie is quite a lump.

·
Registered
10,345 Posts
I let mine play in the house too. Even though I have a fenced yard, and they do play there and several places around here I take them, I still let them play indoors.

They are pretty quiet and don't seem to ever get too rough. I will stop them though if they start getting close to my stereo. It has a glass door and they know to stay clear of it.

Midnight, my cat, likes to play with them, and is most oftne the insitgator!

·
Registered
12,928 Posts
They play indoors...when I kick them outside to play, they stand at the door and look like "what"!!!!!

My hardwoods look like crap from it, too. But they are my life, so I let them be.

·
Registered
28,830 Posts
Sure! Mine play indoors. They play anything and anywhere they wish. It's not really noisy except for the times all six go thundering through the living room on their way outside.

·
Registered
28,830 Posts
Colin - no barking when playing. My barkers are the beagles and they often feel the need to do so whether they are playing or just lolling around.

·
Registered
13,529 Posts
Strangely, my two don't really get into it that often in the house. I remember when Abby was younger I was always yelling "Hey, no bitey face on the couch!!" " Hey no loud bitey face!!" which would last 4.5 minutes then they'd be right back at it.

I'd let them play but they tend to snuggle with their's momma instead. :happy:

·
Registered
22,832 Posts
Mine play indoors but usually they reserve the bitey-face & butt-tucking for outside. They usually end up on the couch. :laugh:

·
Registered
21,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
TangerineFizz said:
Strangely, my two don't really get into it that often in the house. I remember when Abby was younger I was always yelling "Hey, no bitey face on the couch!!" " Hey no loud bitey face!!" which would last 4.5 minutes then they'd be right back at it.

I'd let them play but they tend to snuggle with their's momma instead. :happy:
Strange how they listen to you for that 4.5 minutes though Kaz ( or do you throat punch your pups too ???? )

·
Registered
12,170 Posts
Mine both play indoors and they are experts at making Chewbacca noises, growling ferociously and high pitched barking. I wouldn't have it any other way.

·
Registered
4,732 Posts
Not so much at the moment as Jasper is old and intolerant of puppy shennigans, but in a few weeks time I dare say there will be a fair bit of indoor olympics going on....and I can't wait!

·
Registered
8,752 Posts
Kate2jays said:
Not so much at the moment as Jasper is old and intolerant of puppy shennigans, but in a few weeks time I dare say there will be a fair bit of indoor olympics going on....and I can't wait!
WOOHOO!!!! :D :D :D Oh Jedders..... ;)

We don't have two (yet ;)) but whenever Phoebers is over, or Baloo, there is MUCH wrestling and biteyfacing. I just let them all go for it. My floors are... distressed... but I wouldn't want it any other way! :D

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
Big meanie here.... :death: Mine chew on nylabones in the house but the poor things are taught that playing is for outside. They spend a huge chunk of non-rainy days outside running, wrestling, swimming, attacking Darwin and exploring their two fenced in acres so they're happy to just hang out when they come in!

1 - 20 of 46 Posts